An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: prints only in black and white
Windows 2000 / XP:
Go to Start, Settings, Printers. (Windows XP: Start, Control Panel, Printers and Faxes). Right click on the printer icon and select Properties. Click Printing Preferences. Click on the Quality/Copies tab. un check mark Print Color images in black and white. Click Apply and then OK.
This start ur printer to printer to print in colour
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Could this be the problem? From the User Guide:
"Print Color images in Black and White -- Print your color images in black and white to save the ink in your color ink cartridge. NOTE: You cannot select this setting if you have selected Color Cartridge for all Black Printing"
Select EconoFast or Draft as the print quality setting in the printer properties. This will prevent the color cartridge from being used.
- Or -
Try another color cartridge. The color cartridge is used to print grayscale images in Normal or Best print modes, so if one color has run out, the printout will have the wrong tint. With a full color cartridge, the colors can be properly combined to create a composite black.
When printing with Normal or Best as the print quality setting, the HP Deskjet 710C or 720C or 722C series printer will use the color ink to improve print quality output, even when printing a grayscale image.
The problem that you are experiencing is caused by the way the text is formatted in most word processing documents. By default envelopes are printed not in black, but a dark gray. This confuses the printer and causes it to use the color cartridge to process gray instead of using the black cartridge.
You can fix this problem with one of two ways:
1. Click on "Start", "Control Panel" and click on "Printers and Faxes." Right click on the "Lexmark Printer" icon and select "Properties." Click on "Printing Preferences." Go to "Quality/Copies" tab and select the option "Print color images in black and white." 2. You can also change the color of you text to a true black in your word processor. This will require you to resort to the word processor's documentation and help files.
Both of these settings will cause your printer to use the black cartridge instead of the color. If either one of these solutions solves your problem, it means your color cartridge needs to be cleaned or replaced. If you feel that the color cartridge should not be out of ink, please follow the steps given below:
Clean Nozzle Procedure:
1. Go to the "Solution Center" and click on the "Maintenance" tab. 2. Select "Clean to fix horizontal strips."
The colors that you should see here are black, yellow, magenta (a reddish purple) and cyan (a dark sky blue). You should notice the diagonal lines above and below the solid horizontal lines. These diagonal lines should be solid from left to right with no gaps.
If there are gaps in the lines or the print diminishes across the page, you should run the "Clean Print Nozzles" page a couple more times to try and clear it up. If you still have gaps at the top and bottom, you should "wick" the cartridges by following the steps given below:
1. Select "Install color/black cartridge" and remove the cartridge from the printer. 2. Get a damp paper towel. 3. Set the ink cartridge right side up on the damp paper towel so that the ink nozzles are against the towel and hold the cartridge in this position for about 15 seconds. 4. Now wipe the print head (on the bottom where the ink comes out) across in one direction only (left to right) until it looks clean. 5. Next dab the cartridge on the towel to make sure that the ink is flowing. 6. Snap the cartridge back into the printer. 7. On your computer, select "Old Cartridge installed." 8. Repeat the "Clean to fix horizontal strips" procedure listed above.
If this procedure does not help, please let us know so that we can continue with technical support.
Please check if your Colour Ink Cartridge is not emply. If their's ink in the cartridge then try to service your printer through the Print Preferences. Your Colour Cartridge Nozzels could have been blocked thats why your printer is unable to print in Colour.
In case if both the above doesn't work then check in the Print Preferences that you should not have saved the option of PRINT DOCUMENT IN BLACK ONLY. hope this helps , AJ
Chances are that your print driver is set to print in black and white
while the copier side is automatically detecting that your original is
in color. To have the printer print in color: Select file print, select your printer and hit preferences. Select the Paper/Quality tab and switch from Black and White to Color.
You go into your control panel and select properties, select reset ink counter and tell it you have a new color cartridge. It won't know you lied. When you choose gray scale printing it uses the colors to create black just to extend the life of your black cartridge.