Question about Hoover SteamVac Carpet/Upholstery Deep Cleaner Vacuum
Please check and see if the round gasket is on the round vacuum pipe under the hood, that contacts the dirty water tank. It should be a soft seal that touches the round open cylinder on the base of the dirty water tank.
Posted on Oct 03, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Remove the clean water tank.
Recline the handle and let the cleaner lay flat.
Remove the dirty water tank lid.
Reposition the front panel located on the outside of the tank in the center. It should be flush to the tank, even straight across and pushed down as far as it will go.
Assemble the dirty water tank lid back on from the front to the back. The lid should not lift up from the front.
Give it a try! The suction should be restored. Hope this helps!
Aug 26, 2014 | Hoover Vacuums
Mar 21, 2014 | Royal Procision 7910 Carpet Extractor
Apr 09, 2010 | Hoover F5866-900 SteamVac Deluxe Wet/Dry...
First check the motor duct gasket. The motor duct gasket is visible once the tank is removed. It is located underneath the handle on the top of the base of the machine. It has a black rubber coating around it. If there is no suction there please let us know. If your machine does have suction at the duct, continue to check the following:
- Ensure the Ready Tools Dial is set to the appropriate setting (Floor Cleaning or Hose Attachments).
- Remove the tank from the machine and ensure the tank lid is attached properly. The front window must first hook onto the lip of the bottom of the tank and then drape over the tank. Latch the bottom tank to the top tank lid. THIS LID CANNOT BE ATTACHED PROPERLY IF THE TANK IS NOT REMOVED FROM THE MACHINE.
- Make sure the Water Tank is not full on the outside of the bladder. If it is, empty the tank.
- Ensure the hose is firmly attached to the back of the machine. If not, re-insert as necessary by twisting into place.
- The machine must be in an upright, locked position and set to the Hose Attachment setting. If the handle is slightly tilted back while using, it will create a small gap at the suction inlet (where handle meets gasket, above the Bottom Tank) which will cause little or no suction.
- Check the red Tank Lint Screen for debris. If the Lint Screen is dirty, the unit will have poor suction. Clean the Lint Screen if necessary.
- If the float flap door in the tank lid is activating prematurely when you turn the machine on, this flap door should be replaced. This tank may need to be emptied.
- Check the Tank Lid and Tank for damage.
If you continue to experience low suction, please contact BISSELL Consumer Services at...
Mon-Fri: 8am to 10pm ET
Sat: 9am to 8pm ET
Apr 09, 2010 | Bissell 9500 ProHeat 2X CleanShot Upright...
Dec 04, 2009 | Hoover F6212-900 / F6215-900 SteamVac...
Nov 23, 2009 | Hoover SteamVac F5914-900 SpinScrub...
Jul 12, 2008 | Hoover SteamVac Carpet/Upholstery Deep...
Mar 25, 2008 | Vacuums
Mar 23, 2008 | Hoover SteamVac Carpet/Upholstery Deep...
36 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!