Have changed the black ink in the printer as it was displaying error code 4. It is now displaying error code 5! What does this mean. What should I do?
Cause : The FINE Cartridge may not be installed properly or the Cartridge may not be the compatible with the machine.
Action : Install the appropriate FINE Cartridge. If the lines are misaligned or the resulting output is not satisfactory, carry out the FINE cartridge Alignment.
Replacing A FINE Cartridge.
When replacing a FINE Cartridge, check the model number very carefully.
The machine will not print properly if the wrong FINE Cartridge is used, or installed incorrectly.
Black : PG-40 Black
Color : CL-41 Color
The FINE Cartridge PG-50 Black (High-Yield) and CL-51 Color (High Yield) are also compatible with this machine.
Replacing A FINE Cartridge
When a FINE Cartridge runs out of ink, replace it using the following steps.
1) Ensure that the machine is turned ON, and then open the Scanning Unit. The FINE Cartridge Holder moves to the left.
Pull the Scanning Unit Support down into place.
2) Remove the empty FINE Cartridge.
a) Push the FINE Cartridge carefully to avoid staining your clothes or the surrounding work area.
b) Remove the FINE Cartridge.
Important : * Handle FINE Cartridges carefullu to avoid staining your clothes or the surrounding work area.
*Discard empty FINE Cartridges according to local laws and disposal regulations.
Caution : Do not touch the transparent film, film cable, ink absorber (sponge part) or any metal parts.
3) Prepare a replacement FINE Cartridge.
Unpack a new FINE Cartridge and remove the Protective Tape.
Important : * Do not reattach the Protective Tape once you have removed it,
* Handle the removed Protective Tape carefully to avoid getting your hands dirty or staining the surrounding work area once you have removed it.
* Once the Protective Tape is removed, do not touch the gold terminals of the FINE Cartridge or its nozzles. The machine may not print out properly if you touch the terminals.
4) Insert the new FINE Cartridge.
Black FINE Cartridge should be installed into the left holder and Color FINE Cartridge should go into the right holder.
a) Insert a new FINE Cartridge on a slight tilt.
b) Push the FINE Cartridge up until it clicks into place.
5) Close the Scanning Unit.
Lift the Scanning Unit slightly and put the Scanning Unit Support back to its original position,
Then close the Scanning Unit.
The FINE Cartridge Holder moves to the right.
Note : IF the straight line is misaligned or the FINE Cartridge position is misaligned, align the FINE Cartridge position.
* To maintain optimal print quality, we recommend that you use Canon brand FINE Cartridge. Replenishing ink only is also not recommended.
* Replace the FINE Cartridge runs out of ink, replace the FINE Cartridge with a new one immediately. If you replace it with the FINE Cartridge that has previously been removed, the machine may not print properly due to clogged FINE Cartridge nozzles. Furthermore, the Low Ink Warning dialog box which advices when to exchange the FINE Cartridge will be inaccurate.
* To maintain optimal print quality, use up all the ink in the FINE Cartridge within six months of its first use. (We recommend that you note the date that the FINE Cartridge was installed in the machine.)
* Color ink consumption may occur even when black-and- white or gray-scale printing specified.
Color ink is consumed during Cartridge cleaning, which is necessary to maintain the machine's capabilities.
Aligning The FINE Cartridge
If ruled lines are misaligned or a printout is unsatisfactory, FINE Cartridge Alignment is required,
* Aligning the FINE Cartridge
1) Press [Maintainance] repeatedly until <P> appears.
2) Press [Black] or [Color].
The machine prints the head alignment sheet.
3) Beginning from Column A on the printout, enter checkmarks in the patterns that have the most solid image.
4) Load the checked sheet on the Platen Glass.
When loading the checked sheet, place the front side down, and align the upper left corner of the sheet with the alignment mark on the lower right corner of the Platen Glass.
5) Press [Maintainance] repeatedly until <U> appears.
6) Press [Black] or [Color].
The machine scans the pattern and aligns the FINE Cartridge automatically.
Note : If you select <L> in step 1, the machine prints the current FINE Cartridge Alignment setting.
Hope this helps.
Please rate my response
Have a good day.
Dec 07, 2009 |
Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...