Question about Kitchen Ranges
Yes, it most likely is the ignitor. Chances are it simply needs to be cleaned (ignitor, burner etc.)
If cleaning it does not solve the problem, I reccomend replacing it with a new one.
A malfunction of that type causes gas buildup and can result in excessive ignition when it finally does light. As they get worse, they litterally create mini explosions and can become fire hazzards.
For that reason I reccomend that you do not use that ignitor on any burner with such a malfunction.
You should be able to find a new ignition assembly at your local appliance parts warehouse, or by calling the manufacturer.
Posted on Oct 03, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 11, 2013 | Water Heaters
Jun 29, 2008 | GE Profile JGP636 Gas Cooktop
Aug 20, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Aug 11, 2011 | Wolf Range fs-0-27-ft36 Gas Kitchen Range
May 01, 2010 | Jenn-Air Cooktops
Oct 11, 2009 | Viking Ovens
Jul 02, 2009 | Jenn-Air 36 in. CCGP2720P Gas Cooktop
133 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!