Question about Televison & Video

2 Answers

How to get around having to get a Digital Transport Adapter box

Comcast Cable has had their Junction box located in my back yard for over 10yrs and they refuse to pay me for renting my property, I have since hooked up my cable myself at the box and have been receiving all of the basic cable channels until they began switching to digital and now I have to get the little black Digital Transport Adapter box to receive all the channels again. Is there any way around having to get the box?

Posted by on


2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 34 Answers

The boxes are actually located in the utility right of way. hooking the cable up yourself, as you say, is actually stealing the cable, which is a felony, in most states.

Posted on Oct 19, 2009

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that has over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 25 Answers

Sounds like you are in dangerous waters. Most utilities have imminent domain (I think that's what it's called) and have the right to put their equipment anywhere that is safe and does not hinder your access.
Asking for a box on a public board is a surefire way to get into trouble.
If you are looking for just a digital converter try Ebay

Posted on Oct 03, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Comcast cable has stated that i need a cable box unless i have a tv with a QAM tuner. Does my Emerson LF391EM4 flat screen TV have a QAM tuner?

Depends on where you get your service. Where I liveon East Coast of US, ya got to have a Comcast box (DTA Digital Transit Adapter) or better) PERIOD. Currently, there are no TV sold in my area that can beat the Comcast system. It may be different where you live.

Aug 05, 2014 | Emerson Televison & Video

1 Answer

I got a used tv from a yard sale it works great for my dvd and gaming systems but the cable piece in the back is ripped off can I use and rf adapter and watch cable on it or do I need a new tv?

Check to see if your cable box has an A/V output (I have a Comcast box with one), if it does just use one of the spare A/V plugs (two in the back, one on the side). If not you can get one from your local cable office, In most cases free of charge.

Apr 12, 2013 | Samsung TXM3297HF 32" TV

1 Answer

No picture, No sound. Green power light on DTA50 digital transport adapter blinking 2 quick blinks, stops, then 2 quick blinks, etc.

You may have to call your cable company to re-activate the DTA50. I have Comcast and once i a while I had to re-activate it.
Does it do the same with other cable outlet?

Dec 04, 2010 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

I need a remote code for my RCA TV . Comcast Cable provided a remote for their digital adapter and was told to enter one of the RCA codes. None would work. Comcast and RCA told me to use both remotes which...

your rca does it have a button for cable. then you can program your tv remote to work with the cable box. go to the manual and try all the codes for rca tv. if this does not work then you have to try it manually. have them give you a different adapter. it might be in the box or remote.

Feb 09, 2010 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

I finally subscribed to Comcast's Digital package a year ago, which required the TV that I wanted to purchase on-demand to have a converter box. At the time all of the other tv's still received most of the...

Comcast here. Most likely, the channels you need have been converted to a digital signal and now require a DTA (Digital Transport Adapter). Comcast is supplying our customer that lost programing as a result of the digitial transition up to 2 DTA's per home free of charge. Email our team at the address below. We'll get you cared for.

Kind Regards,
Melissa Mendoza
Comcast Customer Connect
National Customer Operations

Dec 31, 2009 | Arris DCT6200 DTV Receiver

8 Answers

Comcast Digital Transport Adapter

I am having the exact same problem! I am a college student and do not have the money to pay for cable. We have comcast internet in the house and somehow, through some miracle, the cable is on.
Has been for a year. But now i have lost half of the channels. How did you solve it? is there anyway to not go through comcast?

Jul 23, 2009 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Have sound on some channels but some no sound

If you are using a comcast D.T.A. (Digital transport adapter) THAT LITTLE BOX FOR 2ND OR 3RD TV IN YOUR HOUSE. GO to channel with no sound then press LANG button on the remote that came with your DTA box. Press it only once. This worked for me .

Jun 20, 2009 | Philips Magnavox 51MP392H Rear Projection...

2 Answers

Suddenly SNOW on all channels

your tuner has failed;
time for another set the cost to repair is too high

May 29, 2009 | Televison & Video

Not finding what you are looking for?
Televison & Video Logo

Related Topics:

735 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75417 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

5418 Answers

Are you a Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides