If it isn't working anyway then yes. If you have voided the warranty by opening the console - which I believe you need to do to flash the drives firmware - then they may reject it, but will still send it back. If the latter becomes the case, find a local game repair shop.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
My sons Xbox had the 3 red lights! It depends what colour of light is showing on your power pack the colour indicates what the problem is! The light will either be red,amber or green, my sons light was amber and that was due to a faulty power pack, Microsoft were very obliging and replaced the power pack free of charge,it arrived in 3 working days! Here is a link that will take you through the different lights and how to fix the problem! http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907534
Hope this helps, good luck!
hello. CAUSE The three flashing red lights may indicate that your Xbox 360 console has experienced a hardware failure. Please read the letter that discusses warranty changes for three flashing red light hardware failures.
If you suspect that you are experiencing this issue, you can submit a console-repair request online. However, before you submit your request, we ask that you first try the following two steps to verify that you are indeed experiencing this issue:
1. When you turn on the console, examine the light on the power supply. The power supply light should illuminate green even if the three lights on the Ring of Light flash red. If the power supply light is not green, please follow the steps that are listed in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
906101 Xbox 360: The power supply light is red 906102 Xbox 360: The power supply light is orange 906103 Xbox 360: The power supply light is not illuminated
2. Turn off the console. Wait 10 seconds, and then turn on the console again to see whether the symptom occurs again. If your console continues to display the three flashing red lights, your console may have to be repaired. For information about how to start the repair process online, please visit http://www.xbox.com/support, and then click Console Repair in the upper-right section of the Web page.
Note: The online console repair service is currently not available in all countries or regions.
If you would rather contact Xbox Customer Support directly, please visit http://www.xbox.com/support/contact for information about how to do this.
* Microsoft XBox 360 Video Game System * Microsoft Xbox 360 Hard Drive (20 GB) * Microsoft Xbox
you have the three rings of death. im surprised you dont know what this is. common to all microsoft xbox users.its a hardrive failure which happens after overheating and long gameplay and etc. 3 out of the 4 rings light up and blink. the only solution to this is to send it in to microsoft and theyll fix it for you. free if you have warranty but if u dnt then idk. keep on pressing the power button because in some cases after a while it comes green.
if all three except the upper right are flashing then i am afraid u have the RROD-red ring of death..call microsoft and they will send u a replacement after u describe the problem..i had three such replacements!!! hope u get urs running ASAP!
When someone say that his/her Xbox is having 3 red lights Flashing problem, It means it needs to be repaired. If you are using Cooler than
it is not a cure but a prevention. You could have used cooler before
acutally having the problem just to prevent your Xbox. But now you will
have to either get it repaired from Microsoft (in case your Xbox's
warranty is not expired, but one thing to note is that you will have to
wait for at least 3-4 weeks to get back your Xbox) or you can Fix your
Xbox's 3 Flashing red lights problem yourself with the help of DIY Video guide available on Internet. You can fix yourself without any technical knowledge.
iv noticed that my xbox started flashing red and froze so i turned it off immeditly and felt the connections in the back were really hot and my xbox was really hot so iv moved it to an area where it could get good ventilation and keeps cool. havent had any more problems turning red it blows out alot of hot air out the back it needs to breath.