Question about Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
PART 1 or 2
This indicates that the machine has Long Drain (Draining of Water Exceeds 8 Minutes) - Select 'cancel' twice to clear error code.
Note: You may see a "SUD or SUDS" error code appear first during this failure.
This should change to the F02 error code after a few minutes.
1. Switch off the machine and disconnect the mains power.
2. Remove the filter and make sure that the filter is not blocked and is clean and clear of all debris. Clean as required. Note that depending on the machine type you may get a lot of water coming out of the filter when you remove it if the machine has not drained successfully. Note that if the machine has stopped and not fully drained then you may be able to drain out the excess water by removing or disconnecting the waste hose and laying it on the ground in a tray.
3. Proceed by checking the drain hose for proper connection and kinks and make sure that it is not blocked.
4. Also check that the main waste drain pipe, if you use one, is not blocked and clean if required.
5. Reconnect the power and switch the machine on.
If the problem persists then do the following.
6. Switch off the machine and disconnect the mains power.
7. Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure it is operational.
8. Remove the connecting hoses, and expect water to drain out and make sure the pipes are not blocked with debris or any object blockage.
9. Makes sure the pump appears clear and that the impeller looks in good condition.
10. Reconnect the hoses and then reconnect power and switch the machine on.
11. If problem has not been corrected, then remove the pump and check that the drive coupling to the motor is OK and that the motor turns OK. If all is well then replace the pump.
Posted on Oct 23, 2009
You are over soaping
use only 1 tblsp per load
to clear this issue
do 2 loads without soap
Posted on Oct 03, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 27, 2015 | Maytag Washing Machines
Jan 04, 2015 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Oct 31, 2013 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Dec 16, 2010 | Maytag Washing Machines
During Drain Routine
During the Drain Routine, the water level is checked continuously. Normal drain will occur until the
pressure switch senses no water in the wash tub and there is no foam (suds). The drain pump will
operate an additional 15 seconds after the pressure switch reports no water or foam.
If the drain routine operates for four (4) minutes and the pressure switch senses any foam (suds) in
the wash tub, the Central Control Unit will start the "Kill-Foam" Routine. (See description of this
Routine below.) After the Kill-foam Routine is concluded, the Drain Routine will restart. If, after
four (4) minutes the pressure switch still senses foam in the wash tub, the Central Control Unit will
go into Failure Mode. The digital display will show, F02.
During Spin (Extract) Routine
During the Spin/Extract Routine the water level is checked continuously. If, during this routine, the
pressure switch senses the presence of foam (suds) in the wash tub, the Central Control Unit will
stop the drive motor and the basket will stop spinning. The electronic control will count the number
of spin repetitions that are attempted due to foam (suds). There are a maximum of three (3)
attempts for each Spin/Extract Routine.
1. The Remaining Time counter is stopped.
2. The digital display shows Sud.
3. The Drain Pump is turned OFF.
4. The Central Control Unit will fill the wash tub with 1 gal. (4 L) of cold water.
5. While the tub is filling the basket will tumble 1 sec. ON/15 Sec. OFF.
6. Once the tub is filled, the drive motor will turn OFF and the basket will rest without any
movement for five (5) minutes.
7. After the five (5) minute rest, the remaining time counter will restart and the digital display
will show the remaining time left in the routine.
NOTE: If the Kill-Foam routine was initiated during a Spin/Extract Routine, the tumbling action
will be reduced to a cycle of 3 sec. ON/13 sec. OFF. If, at the end of either the Drain or Spin/
Extract Routines, a suds condition still remains, the digital display will show Sud.
Sud will also be displayed for a short period at the end of a cycle, if a Suds condition was
detected during the cycle. This will alert the consumer to reduce the amount of detergent in
Oct 07, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Sep 06, 2010 | Washing Machines
May 19, 2010 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Jun 14, 2009 | Washing Machines
Jun 09, 2009 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Oct 28, 2006 | Whirlpool Duet 3.8 cu. ft. Front Load...
160 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: