Question about NAD L40 CD Player
I have been experiencing a problem with the CD drawer on my NAD L 40. Intermittently, the drawer gets stuck and won't open. I reslove this by placing a credit card in the small gap between the drawer front and the body face panel to pry the drawer open. That usually does it.
Now, the drawer is open and I can't get it to close. When I press the "Close" button, the drawer retracts but won't go all the way in. I suspect this is due to the CD spin shaft pressing upward prematurely. It seems to block the drawer from fully retracting into the chassis.
I have removed three of the four screws that hold the cover, so I could get a closer look at the problem. The fourth screw is stripped and I am unable to remove the cover. I am asking for help with two problems:
1. How do I get a stripped cover screw out? 2. What do you think the problem might be with the CD drawer not closing properly?
Many thanks for all your help, Jon
1. Most of the player drawer fixed over the chasis for a rigid support
2. try to remove the drawer safely without damagind the chasis and drive mechanism
3. there might be some shaft jam.
4. Look for the thread. how does the player drawer moves in and out
5. there may be some sensors to sense the door close/open. if it is jammed then open/close function cannot be done. why because this problem occurs
6. unwear the mechanism read the mechanism moving technique. see which has got jammed.
7. if you feel too risky then
8.contact service centre... all the best
Posted on Dec 22, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 30, 2011 | Cambridge Soundworks Azur 540C CD Player
May 28, 2011 | NAD C542 CD Player
Sep 07, 2009 | NAD C521 CD Player
Dec 11, 2008 | NAD C521 CD Player
904 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!