Question about HP Scanjet 5590 Flatbed Scanner
First do a complete update & patch management (download link below)
After if you experience the same,in order to troubleshoot please follow the steps to check the hardware functionality of the scanner:
1. Disconnect the USB, TMA, ADF, and power cables from the back of the scanner. Leave the power module connected to the power source.
2. Press and hold the Copy and E-mail buttons on the front panel, and connect the power cable to the scanner. When the scanner LCD changes to flashing double zeros (00), release both of the buttons.
3. Press and release the Scan Document button.
4. During a successful base unit self test, the scanner will do the following:
The scanning lamp will light up.
The carriage will continuously move the full length of the scanning bed.
5. To end the test, disconnect the power cable from the back of the scanner.
If the base unit self test results were as described above, then the test was successful. If the self test is successful, then there is no issue with the base unit of the scanner.
Please follow the steps to check the hardware functionality of the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) for your scanner:
1. Disconnect the USB, Transparency Materials Adapter (TMA), and power cables from the back of the scanner. Leave the power module connected to the power source.
2. Connect the ADF cable to the ADF port on the back of the scanner.
3. Close the document cover.
4. Load documents into the ADF.
5. To enter self test mode, while pressing and holding the front panel Copy and E-mail Buttons down, connect the power cable to the scanner. When the scanner LCD changes to flashing double zeros (00), release the buttons.
6. Press and release the Scan Document button.
7. During a successful self-test, the ADF will perform as follows:
" Documents will feed through the ADF
8. To end the test, disconnect the power cable from the scanner.
If the ADF self test results were as shown above, then the test was successful.
If the self test is successful, then call Hp and get a replacement / repair.
Follow the instruction from the below link to clear the paper jam fulle, and test it.
Stilll if you have problem, leave us comment, we sill solve your issue
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 18, 2011 | HP OfficeJet J4580 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 23, 2011 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
May 31, 2011 | Brother 5750E Fax
May 04, 2011 | HP LaserJet M1522nf Multifunction Printer...
Mar 19, 2011 | HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless All-In-One...
Jul 28, 2010 | HP OfficeJet J4580 All-In-One Laser...
Oct 08, 2009 | Fujitsu fi-4750C Flatbed Scanner
May 26, 2009 | HP Scanjet 8350 Flatbed Scanner
Jul 16, 2008 | HP OfficeJet D135 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 30, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 7310 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 03, 2014 | HP Scanjet 5590 Flatbed Scanner
88 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!