Question about D-Link DI-614+ /DWL-520+ Router
HI! I bliv u are having some issue setting up ur router.. I will be more than glad to assist u. . here are the steps u need to do:
1. press the reset button on the back of the router for 20sec..while pressing the reset button, unplug the power plug and after 2secs while pressing the reset button plug it back in and press for 30secs after that unplug the router for 15secs then plug it back in..once all the lights are solid and ok
2. connect the ethernet cable to port1 of the router and the other end to the lan port of your computer..
3. pull up ur browser then type at the url:192.168.1.1.or 192.168.0.1 or u can check the routers default gateway by right clicking the network icon on the lower right of your task bar and click on status and it will show the ip address of the computer, subnetmask and default gateway, the default gateway is the routers ip address, once u type in to the url, it will ask u the username and password, by default the username is admin and the password is 1234 or just leave it blank
4. it will show the setup page of the router. u can set the router on the specific internet setup that u have.
a. if ur isp is a cable company, normaly u need to do a mac clone on the router setup page by cloning the computer that is reg to the cable company, how to determine it. ex. the computer that is reg to the cable company is a desktop or laptop, if this computer is connected to the modem directly and u can access internet.
b. once u determined it u need to connect this computer directly to the router and do a mac clone and set ur internet settings to auto-dhcp..then save the settings and after that, unplug to the power of the modem and router, plug in 1st the power of the modem then once all lights lit, plug in the router, then once all lights lit, try to pull up a browser that ur computer is connected directly to the router.. ur cable connection shud be, cable from the modem will go to the WAN port of the router and connect ethernet cable on port1 going to the lan port of the computer..once u can access the internet, u can now access again the setup page of the router by typing at the url:192.168.1.1 and u can setup the wireless settings, u need to create a ssid or wireless name and a security..
5. If ur isp is a dsl normaly they give u a username and password to connect to the internet, ur settings on the router should be PPPoe
6. If ur isp gives u a static ip address settings, u need to set the router to isp setup.
a. how to check the isp of the isp given to u..
1. click on start
3. type cmd
4. it will show a dos prompt
5. from the dos prompt type ipconfig/all
6. it will list the ip address, subnet, default gateway, dns server
this settings should be type in to the settings on the router for static ip addressing..
7. Once your done on the internet setting, go to your wireless connection settings and you can create a wireless network name or ssid, set a security by selecting wep, wpa, wpa2.
8. once all is set. save the settings and to check if your laptop can access the wireless network that you did, turn on the wireless switch of your laptop, once its on, it will show the wireless network icon on the lower right of the taskbar, right click it and select on view available network, the network name that u did should list, just select it and connect and it will ask for the password, just type the password and connect, you should be connected to the wireless network and have internet access..
9. If you are going to hook up your desktop to the wireless connection, you need to install a wireless network adapter, install the driver and do the same thing as u did to the laptop, for the desktop no need of turning on the wireless switch, once you install the driver correctly, it will show a network icon..
if you have any query pls feel free to get in touch.. good luck
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 22, 2013 | NetGear Computers & Internet
Jun 10, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 01, 2011 | D-Link AirPlus DI-614+ Wireless Router
Step 1 Locate the reset pinhole on the back of the unit.
Step 2 With the unit powered on, press and hold the Reset button.
Step 3 Hold the Reset button for about 10 seconds.
Step 4 Release the Reset button.
Step 5 The unit will reboot. Allow 20-30 seconds before reconnecting.
Step 6 The device is now at factory defaults. If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response. Thanks, Joe
Note: Do not recycle power during the reset procedure.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response. Thanks, Joe
Jan 21, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Nov 07, 2010 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Jun 20, 2010 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Jun 18, 2010 | D-Link AirPlus DI-614+ Wireless Router
Feb 20, 2010 | D-Link RangeBooster G WBR-2310 Wireless...
Dec 15, 2009 | NetGear WIRELESS-G WGR614 802.11G WIRELESS...
Jul 15, 2009 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!