Question about Bosch Washing Machines
I have a Bosch Maxx 1200 Front Loading Washing Machine with build up of black goo on the rubber insert around door and filter rubber - how can I clean this?
First clean around the rubber with some mould and mildew cleaner for bathrooms - available from most supermarkets.
This is a natural accumulation of waste detergent, fabric softener, fibres and dirt build up that is being attacked by bacteria and eventually decomposes into a sludge / goo and then eventually starts smelling bad as well.
To keep the machine clean of waste build up and to keep any bad odours away:
1. Remove all items from the washer.
2. Open the dispenser drawer and 2/3 cup (160 mL) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment. DO NOT use more than 2/3 cup (160mL) of bleach per cycle as this will lead to product damage.
3. Close the washer door and dispenser drawer.
4. Select the Clean Washer cycle or a full wash cotton 104 F wash (40 C). DO NOT use any higher temperature as this will cause unnecessary fumes
5. Press Start and allow cycle to complete.
6. After the cycle is complete, leave the door open slightly to allow ventilation and drying of the washer interior.
7. Repeat the cleaning procedure monthly
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 19, 2016 | Bosch Maxx 6 WAB28260GB White 600 mm...
Apr 02, 2016 | Bosch Maxx 6 WAB28260GB White 600 mm...
May 12, 2015 | Bosch Maxx 6 WAB28260GB White 600 mm...
Nov 04, 2013 | Bosch Classixx WFL 2066 Front Load Washer
Feb 14, 2011 | Bosch Washing Machines
Jul 31, 2010 | Bosch Washing Machines
Oct 03, 2009 | Bosch Exxcel WFO 2465 Front Load Washer
Sep 20, 2009 | Bosch Washing Machines
Jan 25, 2009 | Washing Machines
1,006 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!