Phone dies after a very short time while on a phonecall even after I fully charge the battery overnight. I used to be able to use the gps for a full 10 hour drive form Sydney to Melbourne and still have battery left. Now even after charging the battery completely, I can't even have a 2 minute phonecall or go online before the phone just turns itself off. If I leave the phone for a few minutes and turn it back on the battery bar still shows as full.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The power cell should only get warm if you have it powered on all of the time. That is natural. 6 hours is short, and that may be one of two problems, the time of charge is too short, or the battery is dying. HINT! If you replace with a NEW battery; you must set the battery memory for the start. That means, when you first charge it, make certain it gets a long 24 hour charge to full. Use the phone until the device shuts down because the battery was exhausted. Now Do a full long term Charge. That process will set a Memory for the Power Cell and allow you to fully charge and discharge the battery from there on. One more thing...if you use a Charger Device, make certain it is working OK or else the Battery will not charge well.
Often this is the result of keeping the device plugged into a power source all (or most) of the time, even when it is not in use. The battery literally looses it capability to hold a good (long) charge. So, you'll need to keep the device plugged in (to a power source) every time you need to use it ... to continue using it. Or, you may wish to replace the battery. And if / when you do, just remember to charge it fully, then unplug it and use the device (to run only on the battery) until the battery is depleted before plugging it in to charge it (to full) again. This way, the battery will last longer.
I don't know what you mean by that, but i am guessing you meant that your battery didn't fully charge? I have an answer if that is the case.
i can assume your device uses a Lithium-ion battery. When dealing with these batteries it is best to charge them often. If you charge the GPS to full then let the batteries go all the way down before recharging you are hurting the life of your batteries as well as the amount of time you can get at a full charge. 80% depth-of-discharge is recommended. Also the batteries age even when not in use, so if it is old get a new one.
if this is not your problem at all then im sorry you will need to clarify your post.
Phone not charging or goes off before the recommended time means your battery is bad and needs a replacement. Batteries are not serviceable and hence cannot be repaired or fixed. You just have to change it.
PC not recognising USB port is due to an issue with the driver the PC needs to communicate with your phone.
Get the right driver and PC Suite to enable your PC recognize your Phone through the USB
batteries have a specific amount of electrons it can hold, but when a battery is finishing the working time reduceses, if you can access a avo meter you can check some current, using amps range on the meter before buying another one. thanks
Generally most batterys are left on the charger overnight, thats a good way to ensure a full charge, but as you will be using it in your car, it doesn't matter much as power is always available.
To ensure best possible battery life when you have a brand new battery, charge it fully and then drain it almost to 0% Draining most batterys into 0% will be harmfull instead of helpful, I assume the nuvi uses a Li-ion battery so draining it fully is not a good idea, drain it almost fully and then charge it fully.
And you are good to go, repeat the process if you leave the unit unused for a month or two for best battery life.
You just have to charge it fully but not for long as soon as it turns full battery then swithch ur phone off then take the battery out for a sec then put it back on then turn ur phone on then it will work for a longg timeee kk..
seems some components inside your phone has shorted out. overnight charging is not recommended for it could cause overheating of the components of your phone which in time develops shorts.shorts , of course consumes rapidly the charge of the battery and it damages the battery also. have your phone diagnosed and fixed. next time if possible, remove the phone from the charger when it fully charged.