Question about Linksys Wireless-N WRT150N Router
The security encryption key is configured in the wireless router and this key is used to configure the wireless card in the computer.
Follow these instructions to configure the wireless router and wireless card in the computer : -
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL
3. Enter the router setup login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WAP2
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
First connect your router to computer with ethernet cable.
Then you can access it with following link
type user as "admin" and password as "admin" or blank or "password"
then go to wi fi security check your WEP code it is your security key connect wi fi network.
Let me know if you need more assistanse.
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 22, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Jan 27, 2012 | Acer Computers & Internet
May 02, 2011 | D-Link DSL-G604T Wireless Router
Dec 28, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 30, 2010 | Belkin (F5D7231-4) Wireless Router
Sep 19, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jul 01, 2009 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Dec 17, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
186 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!