Question about NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
You do not need a CD to configure a Netgear wireless router. Follw these steps to configure the wireless router.
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL
3. Enter the router setup login and password
Login = admin
PW = password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WAP2
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router.
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 07, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Aug 19, 2008 | Foxconn P4M9007MB-8RS2H Motherboard
Jul 01, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Dec 26, 2007 | Acer Aspire 5100-5033 Notebook
Mar 02, 2017 | NetGear WGT624 Wireless Router
96 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!