Question about 2wire (1000-400108-001) Router
Open a web browser and enter "192.168.0.1".
Enter the username and password.
Under the wireless properties there should be a box with the SSID.
Change what is in it to what you like and apply the new settings at the bottom of the page.
Get instant wireless router support at http://www.vtechsquad.com/wireless-router-support/ to fix wireless router/wireless router problem.
Posted on Oct 11, 2012
There are other things you should do to secure your wireless router besides changing the SSID. Follow these steps to secure your wireless router : -
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL
3. Enter the router setup login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WAP2
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router.
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 12, 2014 | Netopia 2247NWG-VGx Wireless Router...
Jul 14, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Nov 04, 2010 | HP J4680 Office Jet All-In-One Printer
Aug 23, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 28, 2009 | D-Link RangeBooster G WBR-2310 Wireless...
Sep 25, 2009 | D-Link DI-707P Router (DSDLDI707P)
Sep 17, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5735 Notebook
Apr 22, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Type the following text in the user name and password fields: "admin".
Oct 27, 2007 | Dell Wireless 2350 Router
1,105 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: