Question about Dishwashers

1 Answer

The bracket that holds it onto the counter top has broken it looks like the spot weld can I fix it?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 11,896 Answers

Yes.. You can buy JB weld from local part store or hardware store. It dries in about 12 hours. JB UNderwater weld is the best.

Posted on Oct 02, 2009

Testimonial: "thank you for the advice couldn't find and answer anywhere "


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Stx550 sidestep bolts broken off can the brackets be welded on

Should be simple for competent welder to fix this.

Jan 07, 2015 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Belt falling off/broken idley pulley mounting bracket/broken bolt

My only suggestion is to check the belt for length, make sure it is not too long and "slapping" while running.

Jun 17, 2017 | Husqvarna Garden

1 Answer

Trying to replace the pull cord on a toro m#20028 , looks like the bracket holding the cord compartment is riveted down , do u need to drill out the rivets, Briggs & Straton

Yes, its most likely spot-welded, that's not mean to be taken apart there. You have to remove the larger cover that includes the part that is spot-welded on. But first you will probably have to remove some large plastic parts. Just hunt for the screws, there will be several. Some might be hidden under labels. Good luck, Al K

Jul 05, 2011 | Toro Power Lawn Mower

1 Answer

Link sway bar mount rotted off front end appears that bracket is welded to rearend

Yes, it is welded on. Generally you can have a welding shop repair what you have or if you can find one in a scrapyard that isn't usable (broken gears or other damage) they can cut the bracket off and the welding shop can weld it onto yours. Only other option would be to replace the entire axle assembly end to end but that's more expensive and would depend upon if the other brackets on yours are in good condition or are on the verge of failure as well, making a repair less of a good idea.
If you do need to replace it, make sure you match the gear ratio or you will have bigger problems than what you have now.

Feb 26, 2011 | 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

Frigidaire 7G53402944 Spot weld on door hingle bracket failed

Try a Pop-Riveter, drill small hole insert rivet and squeeze handle.

Feb 26, 2010 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

2004 Malibu with broken weld on seat motor

you will have to replace the complete assy. the cheapest way is look for a complete wrecking yard seat, or have yours welded at a local machine shop

Jan 08, 2010 | 2004 Chevrolet Malibu

1 Answer

Keeps tipping forward when bottom draw is rolled out onto the door

there should be 2 screws at the top that screw into the counter to keep it from doing the door and look at the top under the lip of the counter and you should see 2 brackets just make sure there are screws in the brackets and that should take care of it.

Oct 03, 2009 | Dishwashers

1 Answer

The seal of the dishwasher is broken and the spot welding on the stainless steel strip that holds the seal has pulled away from the tub.

use super glue to glue in place in spots cut away seal near the weld seams, then make sure the door closes ok then get 5 minute epoxy and glue the seal on where it comes off, it's a permanent fix for a old machine but it will work. so go ahead and replace the seal.

May 29, 2009 | Dishwashers

1 Answer

Broken bracket

Hi, I have the Acme 6001 Juicer and I love it! I would take the broken bracket and the juicer to a machine shop that does welding. Shouldn't cost more than a few bucks for them to spot weld the bracket back on. A good maching shop can fix this as they will have another bracket to reference the repair. hope this helps...gary One of our local shops can fix about anything and they are very reasonable and pretty quick.

Mar 10, 2009 | Acme 6001 Juice Extractor

Not finding what you are looking for?
Dishwashers Logo

Related Topics:

77 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Dishwashers Experts

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers


Level 3 Expert

79186 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

17115 Answers

Are you a Dishwasher Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides