Question about Akai DC6371 Digital Camera
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I think this might be bad/swollen capacitors in your power supply, or something odd in the +5VDC circuits of the power supply, but I am posting all of the things I have found so far with these TVs.
Here are few possible solutions:
If you have no red light and you have a Megmeet MLT386 power supply, check these parts:
1) Swollen caps on the PS secondary circuit (may cause the red light blink or shutdown problems).
2) Blown fuse F1 (5A/250V) this is caused by a shorted FET at QA1 (20N60), you may also find that SMT cap CX23 is burned up (.001uf) which is in parallel with diode DA2 which may be damaged/shorted, replace these components.
If the power LED goes from red to green when powered up but no picture, then it might be lost +24VDC from the power supply:
3)Check fuse F2 (3.15A/250V, I put a 5A in), if it is blown, replace FET at QA2A (9N50C), replace QA2 as well (9N50C). Check SMT resistors at R233,R234,R235,R236 (.47 ohm). If open, replace with .1 ohm 1W or 2W resistor (easier to source). Also replace SMT transistor QF1 (2X4 or 2N4401 NPN transistor). And replace diodes at DS2 and DS1 (HER207), DS2 was shorted, DS1 was ok but I replaced it anyway.
I dont know as much about the Megmeet MLT169A, but it has similar problems and similar components.
4) I had to replace all of the capacitors in the secondary circuit (there are six in a 3x3 row marked EC9 (1000uf35V),EC10(1000uf35V),EC14(470uf35V) and EC18,EC19,EC20 (all 1000uf35V).
OK for the Megmeet MLT169A with red flashing LED when turned on we found that IC7 was bad. This is an SMT component on the solder side of the power supply. It is a 4407P (P channel 30V MOSFET). For testing purposes, we jumped across it to feed +5V to the TV permenently instead of allowing +5V to go into standby.
Posted on Sep 21, 2009
First is the Akai name is owned by Samsung--and here is a general answer:
Red light is shutdown or means only standby light is on.
I see so many here with no sound/nopicture issues:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signsof damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down theproblem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the genericones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don'tput a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses astandby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined andsome not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on thepower/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--Iattach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flatand have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating(saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have tobuy and try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over.
Posted on Mar 29, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 03, 2014 | Kodak Cameras
Dec 15, 2010 | Pentax Cameras
Aug 03, 2009 | Nokia 6233 Cellular Phone
Jul 22, 2009 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jun 17, 2009 | Kodak EasyShare C713 Digital Camera
Feb 28, 2009 | Panasonic Cameras
Oct 09, 2017 | Akai DC6371 Digital Camera
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: