Question about Epson Stylus C63 InkJet Printer
There is no way I can make the printer to print using the magenta ink. So, magenta and other colors resulting from its combination are not possible to print.
Try this :
1. Make sure the printer is turned on but not printing.
NOTE: You cannot clean the print head if the any of the cartridges are expended. Replace the appropriate ink cartridge before proceeding.
2. Load letter size paper.
3. Click on START.
For Windows 95/98/ME: Click SETTINGS, PRINTERS, then RIGHT-CLICK on the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PROPERTIES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
For Windows 2000: Click SETTINGS, PRINTERS, then RIGHT-CLICK on the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
For Windows XP: Click CONTROL PANEL, PRINTERS AND FAXES. RIGHT-CLICK your EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. If this icon is not showing, select VIEW INSTALLED PRINTERS. Then RIGHT-CLICK the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
For Windows Vista: Click CONTROL PANEL,HARDWARE AND SOUND then PRINTERS. Note: these steps may vary depending on how Vista is setup. RIGHT-CLICK on the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
4. Click on the UTILITY or MAINTENANCE tab, then click on HEAD CLEANING.
5. Follow the instructions on the screen to clean the printhead. Cleaning takes about 30 seconds, during which time the printer makes some noise and the power light flashes. Never turn off the printer while the power light is flashing, unless the printer has not moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.
6. When the power light stops flashing click PRINT NOZZLE CHECK PATTERN and then click NEXT.
7. If the nozzle check pattern has no gaps in its lines, click FINISH. If the pattern has any gaps, click CLEAN to clean the printhead again.
8. If the situation continues after three cleaning cycles and nozzle checks, replace one of the affected ink cartridge(s).
9. Once the cartridge(s) has been replaced, please follow steps one through seven up to three times.
Posted on Jan 04, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 28, 2013 | Canon Pixma Mg8120b Wireless Inkjet Photo...
Jan 24, 2012 | HP Photosmart C7280 Laser Printer
Nov 23, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP4300 InkJet Photo Printer
Aug 27, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP4200 InkJet Photo Printer
Jul 12, 2010 | HP LaserJet 2605dn Printer
Nov 20, 2009 | HP cp1700 Color Inkjet Printer
Nov 01, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP4200 InkJet Photo Printer
Sep 06, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
May 07, 2009 | Epson Stylus DX6050 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 18, 2007 | Canon i860 InkJet Photo Printer
125 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: