Question about Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
Restoring the factory default settings
Do one of the following:
• If your printer is on a network, access the Embedded Web Server:
1 Type the printer IP address into the address field of your Web browser.
Note: If you do not know the IP address of the printer, print a network setup page and locate the IP address in the TCP/IP section.
2 From the Settings screen, click General Settings.
3 Under Factory Defaults, select Restore Now, and then click Submit.
• If your printer is connected to a computer by a USB or parallel cable, use the Local Printer Settings Utility for Windows or Printer Settings for Macintosh.
1 Open the utility.
2 Do one of the following:
– From the Local Printer Settings Utility menu bar, click Actions Restore Factory Defaults.
– From Printer Settings, click Factory Defaults.
Warning—Potential Damage: Restore Factory Defaults returns all printer settings to the factory default settings except Network/Port menu settings. All downloads stored in RAM are deleted. Downloads stored in flash memory or on a printer hard disk are not affected.
Or please download the user guide from this link and follow the instructions
Hope this will help you
Posted on Oct 01, 2009
In lexmark e260dn when i connected to lan it is not getting ip
Posted on May 03, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 14, 2014 | Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
Type the printer IP address into the address field of your Web browser.
Note: If you do not know the IP address of the printer, then print a network setup page and locate the IP address
in the TCP/IP section.
The following reports may be viewed from the Embedded Web Server:
Printer Server Setup Page
Jul 25, 2012 | Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
Nov 10, 2011 | Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
Jul 21, 2011 | Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
Mar 02, 2011 | Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
Sep 04, 2010 | Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
You can solve this through any computer that can print to the printer.
1. Press Settings on the Control Panel
2. Use the arrow keys on the printer to select " Network Settings" and press the check mark key
3. Use the arrow keys on the printer to select " TCP/IP" and press the check mark key
4. Use the arrow keys on the printer to select " View IP Address" and press the check mark key
5. Write down the IP number displayed on the LCD (i.e. 192.168.1.205)
6. Enter this number in the address bar on computer (i.e. http:/192.168.1.205) and press enter
7. The Lexmark Printer Status page should display
8. Select "Configuration" and "Scan to Network Host Management"
Now you can delete any computer name that is no longer needed.
Apr 22, 2010 | Lexmark X4580 InkJet Printer
Mar 28, 2009 | TallyGenicom 6312 Matrix Printer
Feb 03, 2009 | Lexmark X4650 InkJet Printer
Aug 10, 2007 | Osicom NetPrint 1000 Print Server
13,212 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: