I got digi box second hand and when i press menu i cant install as it asks for pin number and i dont know it the parental control button shows on and i cant find how to switch it of as nothing happens when i try to press instalation button and i have lost some channels can anybody solve my problem
Thanks my daughter solved the problem to unlock parental lock or parental pin number she tried four zero digets 0000 no success then she put in four numbers one 1111 and it unlocked the parental lock .hope it can maybe help someone - margaret
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Ok this info does not seem to be anywhere so here goes.....
Grundig gud300hd and others of same build alba ect...... set top box pin reset
UNLOCK CODE1. Press MENU and go to Settings and press OK.
2. Go to Parental Control and press OK. The 'Enter the PIN Code' menu will be displayed.
3. Press i (information) button once then enter 4000.
4. Go to Change PIN Code and press OK.
5. Press i (information) button once then enter 4000.
6. When it prompts for New PIN enter the desired PIN number using 0~9 keys. Enter it again to confirm.
OK - please follow these instructions carefully to setup the Freeview box. If you get stuck at any point in the instructions - or anything I've said doesn't make sense or match what you can see - just post another message here and I'll deal with each problem as it arises.
1. Switch the TV and Freeview box to STANDBY. There should be a red light on the Freeview box; 2. Connect the aerial cable to the freeview box. Make sure you are connecting this to the correct socket. This should be labelled "RF IN", "IN" or "Aerial/Antenna". If you have connected to a socket marked "RF/TV OUT" or "TO TV" or something similar, it wont work; 3. Connect the SCART cable to Freeview box and the back of the TV; 4. Switch the TV on; 5. Switch the Freeview box on - you should get a green light on the front of the box;
Most TVs will automatically switch to the external input when a SCART device is switched on while the TV is already on. This is why you should switch the TV on first.
At this point you should be able to see the installation / setup screen for the Freeview box displayed on your TV. If you cannot see this:
A. Press the INPUT button once on your SAMSUNG remote control once. This is the button in the top-right corner of your remote control. B. If you still cannot see the installation / setup screen, press the MENU or SETUP button on the remote control supplied with the Freeview box.
The instructions from this point forward will be different if you had to press the MENU / SETUP button on the Freeview remote before anything appeared on the TV screen. If this Freeview box has been used before the installation screen will not appear, but you will get at on-screen menu after pressing the MENU / SETUP button. If this happens, please let me know and I will provide alternative instructions for setup.
Assuming you have been able to access the installation screen, it should be easy enough to follow the instructions on screen from this point. Use the UP / DOWN / LEFT / RIGHT arrow keys on the Freeview remote to highlight the relevant options and then press OK / SELECT to choose that option.
I don't want to make this too complicated by providing alternative instructions for every possible scenario. Please run through the instructions above and make sure you are getting an installation screen or "menu/list" displayed on the TV. If you need further instructions from there, I will provide them in another message.
If it is built in. Do the following.
Press the button on your tv remote that says TV/DTV.
Make sure it says DTV on the screen normally at the top corner of the screen.
Now with the Tv remote press the menu button. you should now see a menu appear go down to Auto Tune / Auto Store and press select or enter. T
his should now start searching through for you Freeview Channels. Dont be alarmed if you dont see many channel appear at the beginning of the scan as it normally goes past 75 % before they start filtering through.
If your box is a standalone then Just use the Freeview box remote and then press the menu button. go down to Install. this would then prompt if you would like to do a full search or add channels. I would do full search this will Delete all the channels previously installed and search from scratch.
Is that even possible to sett a password on a swich?
I couldent find anything about that.
Is there a "reset" button back on the swich? if there is push it and hold it for at least 5 seconds, that will remove all possible passwords.
I found the manual for it though, http://www.startech.com/Data/ProductManuals/SV211K.pdf
Dont know if that helps you, but its the best i can get you.
1) plug aerial in to the antena in sock on freeview box.
2) plug short aerial type lead in to rf out socket on freeview & antena in socket on TV.
3) plug A scart lead in to the socket marked TV on freeview box & the other end of scart in to one of the scart sockets on the TV.
If your TV has more than one socket plug it into the one marked AV1 or AV2.
4) plug in freeview to mains electricity & switch box on.
5) Turn TV on freeview should appear automatically if it doesnt look on your TV remote for A button marked AV or a button with either A circle or square with an arrow going through it you may need to press this several times until you see digi picture come up.
Thats basically it but do check that you dont need a new aerial etc to be able to get digi signal in your area.
You can only record freeview channels through your box.
Assuming the digi-box has two scart sockets, connect as follows:
Scart 1 or TV scart of the digi-box to the TV.
Scart 2 or VCR/DVD scart of the digi-box to scart 1 of the DVDR3380.
The TV aerial should already be connected through the digi-box and DVDR3380 to the TV
To record from the digi-box, select AV1 / E1 / EXT1 on the DVDR3380
If you are doing timer recordings, you will also need to leave the freeview box on the channel you wish to record, or set the freeview box timer.