Question about Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
The 6500 error code is a logic board error code. The PCI Bus error is detected by the ASCI. Sounds like it needs new logic board. but i suggest you to first of all you can try to reset your printer -
1. Turn the printer off with the Power button (if available).
2. Disconnect the data cable from the printer.
3. Unplug the printer's power cord for approximately 10 minutes, and then plug it back in.
4. Turn the printer back on. If this works you're done, if not try the next step.
1. After confirming that the printer is powered on, open the paper output tray.
2. Open the top cover and wait until the print head moves to the center.
3. Open the inner cover and check that ink tanks are properly seated.
4. Properly seated
5. Press down on each ink tank until a click is heard.
6. Close the inner cover and top cover
if reset method not works for you then you go for the new logic board replacement .............
Posted on Oct 01, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 08, 2014 | Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet...
The service error 6500 refers to "other hardware error". This error results from printer hardware failure & nothing much a user can do except replacing the malfunctioning hardware. If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response Thanks, Joe
6500 is generally logic board error code. If the printer is under warranty, you better ask for replacement.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response
Feb 05, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 01, 2010 | Canon MP830 All-In-One Printer
Mar 01, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 10, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet...
809 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!