Question about Computers & Internet
There may be several reason that computer works slow.....first thing come virus in system.....then come system configuration......try to update antivirus and scan whole system...mcafee 8.5i enterprise ver is good one to scan for viruses....if it doesnot work reinstall windows and then scan the whole system
Posted on Oct 01, 2009
Testimonial: "very useful will try it"
Some computers can be slow or short of hard drive space for quite simple reasons.
Windows and other program hide temporary files in lots of different places
The best option is not always a program or utility and if you want to do as much as you can for FREE like I do then you have a few options.
1. First you need to be in windows explorer.
2. Click TOOLS and FOLDER OPTIONS
3. Now click the VIEW tab
4. Tick the Show Hidden Files And Folders option
Unpick Hide Protected Operating System Files (it may warn you but you can ignore it)
5. Click APPLY then OK
6. NOTE some files may not delete this is OK Also DO NOT DELETE the folder itself where mentioned for cleaning.
7. Using windows explorer go into the WINDOWS folder and look for a directory called TEMP (it is possible there may be more than one)
8. Select all the contents and delete them. Do the same for any other temp folder e.g. temp000
9. Now navigate to Documents and Settings
There are quite a few folders in here that can be cleaned up
10. Look for folders named "Local Settings" In there you will find more TEMP folders that can be cleaned out
11. Now look inside the Temporary Internet Files. Delete anything EXCEPT cookies. Otherwise passwords for some sites you have stored may need you to type the password again.
12. Do this for each user / profile you see.
13. Now check the C: drive itself and see if there are any Temp folders and clean those out too
To prevent accidental deletion of any files windows needs you should go back to step (4) and change the two settings back to their original
Posted on Oct 01, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2015 | Computers & Internet
on Jun 22, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Mar 02, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Jul 30, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Jul 29, 2012 | Sewing Machines
Jan 02, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jun 20, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Nov 06, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64...
Jun 21, 2008 | Gateway GT5032 (827103078121) PC Desktop
Jan 18, 2008 | Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 5.1...
165 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!