Question about Lexmark Z715 InkJet Printer
I don't know if you'll be able to help me, since my draft for this is due tomorrow. But I need help, fast!! I did an essay and printed it, but through all the pages it is printing the white streak. It is really early in the morning, and no one is up to help me solve this. HELP!!
You may clean the cartridge by following the steps given below:
1. Go to the "Lexmark solution center." This can be done by clicking on "Start," go to "Programs" and Lexmark printer group. Click on the "Lexmark Solution center." Next click on the "Maintenance" Tab.
2. Select "Clean and Fix Horizontal streaks." Click on "Print". This will produce a printed page.
The colors that you should see here are black, yellow, magenta (a reddish purple) and cyan (a dark sky blue). You should notice the diagonal lines above and below the solid horizontal lines. These diagonal lines should be solid from left to right with no gaps.
If there are gaps in the lines or the print diminishes across the page, you should run the "Clean Print Nozzle" page a couple more times to try and clear it up. If you still have gaps at the top and bottom, you should "wick" the cartridges by following the steps given below:
1. Please open the "Solution center" again and go to the "Maintenance" Tab.
2. Select "Install color/black cartridge" and remove the cartridge or cartridges from the printer.
3. Get a damp paper towel.
4. Set the ink cartridge right side up on the damp paper towel so that the ink nozzles are against the towel and hold the cartridge in this position for about 15 seconds.
5. Now wipe the print head (on the bottom where the ink comes out) across in one direction only (left to right) until it looks clean.
6. Next dab the cartridge on the towel to make sure that the ink is flowing.
7. Snap the cartridges back into the printer.
8. On your computer, select "Old Cartridge install."
9. Repeat the "Clean Nozzle Page" one more time. If this fails to address the problem the entire procedure may need repeating.
Next, try this printer self-test by following the steps given below:
1. Turn the power to the printer "off."
2. Press and hold the "Paper Feed" button.
3. Press the "Power" button once while continuing to hold the "Paper Feed" button.
4. Keep holding the "Paper Feed" button until one sheet is cycled through.
5. The test is continuous.
The self-test should at least print out a set of either a solid black or solid color bars, if not both (if you have a printer with both color and black installed simultaneously). Should this test fail, try it again without cartridges installed. If the self-test still fails to take paper in and make sounds like the carrier is moving across the paper, this is a hardware issue, and the printer will require service. If the self-test completes without any cartridges installed, run the self-test again with only a color cartridge installed. (If you have both black and color cartridges, after this test, run the test again with just the black cartridge installed.) If you find that either cartridge causes the self-test to fail, please let us know.
If the self-test prints, but has lines or smudges or other print quality issues, let us know.
Posted on Oct 01, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 29, 2011 | Brother HL4040CDN Duplex Unit
Jun 11, 2011 | Brother MFC 8500 All-In-One Laser Printer
Oct 25, 2010 | HP LaserJet 1100 Printer
Dec 21, 2009 | HP OfficeJet Pro L7580 InkJet Printer
Jun 25, 2009 | Cannon MULTIPASS C530 Printer
May 18, 2009 | Ricoh Aficio CL3500N Laser Printer
Nov 25, 2008 | HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 08, 2008 | HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 19, 2008 | Dell 962 Photo All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 04, 2010 | Lexmark Z715 InkJet Printer
145 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: