Question about Creative Labs Zen Micro MP3 Player
Try reflashing the firmware for your device you can find the latest firmware and flashing utilities from the Creative Zen website. Make sure that you back your music up first because when you do this you are setting it back to factory settings.
Posted on Oct 01, 2009
My creative zen micro is not working properly
Posted on May 27, 2010
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: recovery mode
go to zen micro page in creative.
on the left there is a link to downloads. depending on which countries website you are on you will either be asked to search or be shown the all downloads page
if you are too lazy, just click this link
if that doesn't work, try myZEN checker that is avaliable on mycreative fan site.com forum.... automated checker and also fixes.
Posted on May 25, 2008
To Fix any problems with broken firmware form attempted “playsforsure”
firmware updates etc where your pc finds it as a 20mb drive and it sits
in recovery mode and does bugger all:
1. Uninstall all creative software & drivers
2. Uninstall Media Player 11 and Media Player 11 runtime (will require a
reboot for each thing). This is done by going to add/remove programs and
uninstalling (this will put your pc back to wmp10).
3. Re-install the Zen Driver from the creative website and reboot (I just reloaded Media Explorer using my ZMP install CD).
4, Plug Zen in.
5, Make sure you have the firmware update ready, run it but don’t click
the language bit yet), leave the mouse hovering over your language
selection. (for ZMP, just start firmware exe file, there is no language selection. You can get the firmware update from Creative’s site, go to SUPPORT and then DOWNLOADS).
6. On the Zen- select “reload OS” (on ZMP I believe it is Erase or Reload Firmware, something like that, don’t have it in front of me).
7. As soon as it flashes up “reload new firmware now via USB” click the
8. Now the pc should find it and allow you to re-load the
firmware. (it may take a few attempts)
9. Once complete, click close and restart the pc. Everything should now
10. Once all is working, you can re-install WMP11 and it will work fine.
Posted on Jan 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 09, 2010 | Creative Labs Zen Micro MP3 Player
Dec 28, 2008 | Creative Labs Zen Touch MP3 Player
May 21, 2008 | Creative Labs Zen Micro MP3 Player
Nov 22, 2007 | Creative Labs Zen Micro MP3 Player
Sep 11, 2014 | Creative Labs Zen Micro MP3 Player
1,668 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 2 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert