Question about NetGear WGR614 54 Mbps Wireless Router - Wireless router - EN, Fast EN, 802.11b, 802.11g
I can't get the disc to start the setup because it keeps telling me that because I have 64-bit vista. Is there a way to install the router without having a 32-bit system?
Router works independent to the OS used. You do not require installation CD to configure the router. Follow the steps below to reconfigure the router:
At the back of the router you will find a small tiny hole (which says restore to factory default settings). Press the button with the help of a paper clip and hold it down for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, please release the button and power off the router for 5 seconds then power the router back.
1. Connect a Ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN port of the router (isolated port).
2. Connect the computer to the router using any one of the 4 available ports. Please make sure that there is no direct connection between the modem and the computer (either using Ethernet cable or USB cable).
3. Power off the modem and the router after making the connections.
4. Power on the modem and wait for the lights, then power on the router.
1. Open the browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari).
2. Access the router, usually with http://192.168.1.1 or http://www.routerlogin.com.
3. Login to the router with the Username as "admin" and Password as "password" (please note that the Username and Password are case sensitive).
4. Click on 'Basic settings' from the left menu and select 'Use Computers MAC Address' from 'router MAC Address' section.
5. Click Apply.
6. Once it updates the settings then power off the modem and the router. Power on the modem and wait for the lights, then power on the router.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
Its so simple configuring your router.just run the initial setup after getting into routers page
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 23, 2014 | NetGear Computers & Internet
Apr 14, 2013 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
Aug 26, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Feb 21, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Jan 02, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Mar 24, 2009 | Linksys WRT54GX2 Wireless-G Broadband...
Dec 16, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A215-S7422 Notebook
Sep 23, 2008 | Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
1,600 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!