At first the regular charger wouldn't work so instead I used my car charger. Now my car charger is refusing to work and my cell phone is officially dead. It will turn on so much as to greet me then will shut off. Please help, how do I fix this??
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Read page 16 of the manual. Do not use any other charger with this camera. Are you sure you have the battery inserted correctly? When trying to charge, does the green light blink? If so, when it stops blinking and turns off, the battery should be fully charged. Do not attempt to turn the camera on while the charger is trying to charge the battery.
If the phone was totally dead before it refused to charge initially, then the refusal to charge is due to the fact that there was no residual charge left to bring it to a charge, because the battery completely died. To fix it, kick start the charging process. Remove the battery, and using a universal charger (desktop charger) charge the battery for say 10 minutes, before re- inserting the battery to the phone and continuing with the normal charging process. If this does not work out, then problem is with the charging port. It has to be replaced. This can be done by nearby local phone repairers. Hope it helps? Success.
Make sure you're using the Pantech charger you got with your phone. I had this problem, got a new one, and realized I'd been using my old charger charger. Plugged it in with the wrong charger, it wouldn't work. Plugged it in with the Pantech charger, it started charging up and worked fine again.
These type of problems are hard to diagnose. But first start with power. If using the home charger, try the car charger. If both do not work, check the battery to see if it's seated correctly. Are you using an OEM "original equipment manufacturer" charger. If you use a charger bought from a 7-11 then you may have burnt out part of your phone. Use a friends battery that has a phone like yours. If that works and it's out of warranty, buy a charger and charge batteries on a chrger, then insert them into phone each time. Got insurance on phone?
Either you have a bad charger, bad battery, or the charging port on the phone is bad.
1. Try a different charger. (Like your car charger instead of your home charger. Or your buddies charger) If one works and one doesn't, you found your problem chargers do go bad.
2. If this wasn't your problem. Next I'd buy another battery - usually you can get one for less than $10 online. If the new one works, woohoo problem solved toss the bad battery.
3. If the new battery does the same thing, its the phone. If it's verizon and less than 12 months old, call them - its probably under 1 yr warranty they might replace it free - as long as the white sticker near the battery is still white (water detection is pink/red). And it's not crushed or dented/damaged.
I reccomend you take out the battery, and put it back in after 2 minutes. Next, if you are using a car charger, use the home charger instead. If you are using the home charger, use the car charger instead. The charger may be broken.