Question about Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Error code 1200 is showing?? help!!
We decided to buy a new printer, the ink for this is very expensise, and honestly we have this for about 10 years. thanks so much.
Posted on Oct 01, 2009
The error 1200 indicates that the cartridge carrier is stuck inside the printer. Please follow the steps given below:
1. Unplug all cables from the back of the printer.
2. Open the front cover and look above the steel rod. You should see a black belt with rubber teeth on it. (On some models, the cartridge access is very small, but the belt should still be visible.)
3. Take the top part of the belt and move it gently to the right. The cartridges should come towards the center.
4. If the cartridges will not move, tilt the printer on its back and try moving the belt again.
5. If it still will not move, try putting your finger inside the area where the cartridges are stuck (with the printer still on its back), and push them firmly against the cartridge carrier holder while you move the belt with your other hand.
6. Once the cartridges are in the middle, snap them firmly into the cartridge carrier. Note: Make sure that these cartridges are the correct models for your printer. Once the cartridges are seated properly, they should not become loose inside the carrier.
7. Plug all the connections back in and power the printer up.
8. Open the front cover again to see if the cartridges slide to the center.
You should then try to self-test the printer. The self-test allows us to rule out software and the cable by testing the hardware by itself. Please note that this is not a "fix," but rather a diagnostic test to determine if your hardware is at fault.
Please begin by disconnecting the power supply from the wall (not the back of the printer) for at least "30 seconds." Then plug the printer back in and follow these steps:
Next, try this printer self-test by following the steps given below:
1. Press the "Copy" button once.
2. Press the "Options" button 11 times until the screen reads "Maintenance."
3. Press the "Left Arrow(-)" button until the screen reads "Maintenance: Self Test."
4. Press "Select."
The self-test should at least print out a set of either black or color bars, if not both (if you have a printer with both color and black installed simultaneously). Should this test fail, try it again without cartridges installed. If the self-test still fails to take paper in and make sounds like the carrier is moving across the paper, this is a hardware issue, and the printer will require service. If the self-test completes without any cartridges installed, run the self-test again with the color cartridge installed. (If you have both black and color cartridges, after this test, run the test again with just the black cartridge installed.) If you find that either cartridge causes the self-test to fail, please let us know.
If the self-test prints, but has lines or smudges or other print quality issues, please let us know. This includes any print quality issues, we need to know if the problems you have with your black or color are based in the printer, or communications with your computer, or the computer's software.
If the self-test prints your test bar(s) clearly, the printer hardware is not at fault.
Posted on Oct 01, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 04, 2014 | Sharp MX-4101N Multifunction Printer Color...
Aug 04, 2014 | ASUS X102BA-BH41T Black 10.1" Notebook 1...
Mar 12, 2014 | Lexmark MS410DN Laser Printer - Monochrome...
Jan 23, 2013 | 2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Nov 11, 2012 | Lexmark F4270 Plain Paper Inkjet Fax
May 30, 2011 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 13, 2010 | Lexmark X4270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 22, 2009 | Lexmark X4250 All-In-One InkJet Printer
69 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!