I was going through the manual and operating the camera to
test all its features when suddenly it shutdown when i turned the knob to the
GUIDE function. The Optical Zoom lens is extended and even if i tried turning it
off and on nothing happened. The battery is fully charged, although the camera
had been on for about 20 minutes when it shutdown.
It doesn't want to work now everytime i press the on button it just makes a sound and a red light flashes. what do i do? please please reply
kathy de los reyes
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have the similar problem, I turn on the camera and after the lens comes out , red light blink all this time, and suddenly it powers down without retracting the lens back in.
The battery are fully charged AA 2400mah / 2650mah Duracell at 4.0 ma with load test. I was wondering if there is any circuitry problem.? Any experts in digital camera electronics please respond?
To bring back the lens back in for safekeeping i trik this, i turn it on while it is reading the memory etc and after a sec or two i turn the knob to off, this way lens goes back inside.
I have read other brands also have their cameras lens sticking out and never going back inside.
First item to check is the auto shutdown relay in the power distribution center. Also test all fuses. Beyond that, You will need a manual (chilton or haynes are fine) and a digital multimeter to begin testing everything else. Don't forget that power has to go through the ignition switch before anything can operate...make sure that's happening too.
If the LCD screen is blank or black when you have your camera in the Camera or Play mode, the camera may need service. To determine if this is the case, follow these steps:
1. Press the Menu button to see if the LCD screen can display the OSD (On Screen Display).
2. Set your camera to Play mode, and then see if the LCD screen displays a picture.
3. To eliminate the possibility of a user setting causing the problem, put the unit into Auto mode by rotating the dial on the units exterior to Auto Mode.
Note: The word "Auto" appears on the screen when this mode is activated.
4. If putting the camera into Auto mode does not resolve the problem, test the unit in Play mode. If the unit operates normally in Play mode, but the screen in Camera mode is blank, your camera requires service which you can arrange by Creating a Service Ticket below.
Note: Because your camera has an automatic LCD display shutdown feature, its normal for the LCD to stop displaying when the camera has been on for along period of time. This feature prolongs battery life.