Question about Western Digital WD Passport 250GB Portable Drive 250 GB Hard Drive
I tried to transfer stuff from my laptop to my new external hard drive to free up space on music, movies, and other stuff. What i want to do now is basically reset everything i did right, or wrong. I want to empty my external hard drive and put everything back on my laptop. I don't want to create new duplicates or any type of problems. I simply want to reset everything to the point as if i had never done anything with the wd external hard drive.
1. You need to check how much free disk space is available on your laptop.
2. You need to check what duplicated files you have on both the laptop and the external hard drive and which is the latest version.
3. You need to decide to move the latest versions of the data files from the external hard drive to the laptop. This automatically delete these from the external hard drive. The older versions on the external hard drive can be deleted.
4. Now you need to check how much data is stored on your external hard drive.
5. If the amount of data stored on the external hard drive exceeds the available disk space on the laptop, then you cannot copy these files to the laptop.
6. If you have sufficient disk space on the laptop you can copy the data from the external hard drive to the laptop. I suggest you make a folder to copy this data to it.
You can now delete all the data from the external hard drive or you can format the external hard drive to make a clean external hard drive.
Posted on Oct 01, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 27, 2011 | Western Digital WD My Book Essential 1TB,...
Mar 31, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 03, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Dec 21, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
Jan 05, 2010 | Iomega 1TB Desktop USB 2.0 Hard Drive
Aug 02, 2009 | Dell Computers & Internet
Jul 09, 2009 | Western Digital 500GB My Book World...
Dec 07, 2008 | Computers & Internet
May 09, 2008 | Gateway 40G / 40GB for laptops /...
1,288 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: