I just updated my zune software on my computer and also updated my zune (the software told me that it needed to be updated).
The Problem is, now that everything is updated, i can no longer use the drag and sync function (the method of grabbing a folder and dragging it to the zune icon to add to zune). now i can't add music anymore.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: Can't put music on zune!
1. Sync the Zune with its "home" computer. Each Zune has a specific "home" computer that it automatically syncs with. Use your Zune-specific USB cord to connect your device to this computer, and then sync your device as you normally would. This will solve most software hiccups and will generally get your Zune out of a "frozen" state. 2. Perform a soft reset. If syncing your device doesn't work, you can reset your software by holding the "Back" and "Up" buttons on the central control pad. Your screen will flicker, and then the Zune logo will appear with a status bar. Within a few moments, your software should be returned to normal. 3. Perform a system restore. However, doing this will erase all of your music, videos and photos, so only do this if you have exhausted both of the other troubleshooting steps. You can restore your Zune by connecting it to your computer, selecting it from the "Devices" list, and then pressing the "Restore" button. The process may take a few minutes, depending on how much content you had on your device. Once the restore has finished, your Zune will be completely blank.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
TO COPY PHOTOS AND VIDEOS TO/FROM YOUR COMPUTER: 1 Install the Zune software on your computer. To download and install this software, go to www.zune.net/setup on your computer and follow the instructions. 2 Once you've installed and set up Zune software on your computer, make sure the photos and videos you want to import to your phone are in your Zune software Collection. 3 Connect your phone to your computer via USB. 4 Open the Zune software if it doesn't open automatically. 5 From the Zune software on your computer:
• To copy photos and videos or music files from your computer to your phone - Drag the photos and videos in your Zune software Collection to the phone icon at the lower-left of the page. Progress is displayed for you on the computer screen. The photos and videos you copy to your phone will display in your phone's Albums screen, where you can favorite them, share them, upload them,etc.
If the information helped you then please give me your ratings. Thanks
Have you downloaded or have the disk and installed the latest updated software program from the Zune web site? You need the Zune software to sync music or videos to your player if you haven't done so yet. You also need to setup your software and name your Player so that the software recognizes it. Also where are you trying to download music from? From the Zune website, from another website, off of your computer? Can you please give more details of what is going on? I've had Zune players since 2006 since they came out, so maybe I can help if you can explain more.
I'm assuming you have the Zune software installed. You'll need the software in order to interact with the Zune device, it does not work as a "mass-storage device" like some other media players.
The Zune software will find all your music. Open the software and on the top left make sure you're in the "Collection" and then "Music" category. Then click on the right hand side on the "Songs" tab. You'll see all your songs on your computer. Connect the Zune and wait a few seconds and in the bottom left hand corner of the software you'll see your device connected.
Click on one of the songs and then press "CTRL + A" and all of your songs will be selected. Click and hold and then drag one of the songs to the little icon of your Zune in the bottom left and then all of your music will sync to the device.
Hope this helps.
You will probably have to move the music from your blackberry to your computer, then use the Zune software to sync the music to your zune. You'll have to tell the Zune software where to find your music, unless you put the music in the Zune music folder (My Music in "My Documents" is the default).
the problem with the zune is that its own by microsoft and you cannot sync music without the software however there is a zune forum that you can check out for advice on how to use the software better.. zune.net then check out the forums
No. You cannot take music off your zune and put it on another computer. You will need to copy your music files found under My Documents, My music, zune. put it onto a large flash or external drive. Then install the zune software onto the other computer i havent done so already. Take the files you copied and paste them back into the zune folder on the computer. You might have to reauthenicate music that you have downloaded. Just log in and it should be fine
yes it is due to the zune software not being able to locate the songs. make sure they are available and keep trying. also the zune software constantly search the internet to update your music information and album art. it will automatically update the songs on the zune when you connect it