Question about Washing Machines
1) My Hotpoint Aquarius WM63P has suddenly begun to make a very loud banging (like a road-drill) during the last 2 washes & ONLY during it's spin cycle.
2) Light coloured items have some black circles on them (pattern matches drainage holes in the drum)
3) Items have small slithers of plastic stuck to them, they look melted/twisted)
4) Inside of drum has developed large indentations - appears as if a nut/bolt or something has been whacking the exterior of the drum!?
5) Tried to access the back of machine but ONLY the top panel & small lower panel at bottom on the rear can be removed. No visible signs of loose or missing parts discovered from the limited view down the sides or underneath of drum.
ANY advice or info on what may be causing this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :)
Ah,,,,Sounds like drum bearings havee gone the circles iassume is oil from the bearing it will be very noisy on spinen and a lot of play on drum ..quite a big repair..hope you get on ok
Posted on Sep 30, 2009
Testimonial: "Extremely swift response to my query, confirming my hunch on what the problem may well be. Thank you very much."
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 31, 2010 | Hotpoint Aquarius WF000 Front Load Washer
Jan 17, 2010 | Hotpoint Aquarius WF000 Front Load Washer
Aug 08, 2009 | Hotpoint Washing Machines
Jul 27, 2009 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD63 Front Load...
Oct 16, 2008 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD63 Front Load...
May 21, 2008 | Hotpoint Aquarius WF000 Front Load Washer
603 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!