Question about Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 Notebook
Follow these steps to resolve your cd dvd issue. It’s mostly caused by an error in the registry.
Before you proceed, create a backup of your registry.
Manual steps to back up the registry in Windows XP
1. Click Start, click Run, type %SystemRoot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe, and then click OK.
2. On the Welcome to System Restore page, click Create a restore point, and then click Next.
3. On the Create a Restore Point page, type a name for the restore point and then click Create
4. After the restore point has been created, click Close.
Note If System Restore is turned off, you receive a message that asks whether you want to turn on System Restore now. Click Yes. Then, in the System Properties dialog box, click to clear the Turn off System Restore check box, click OK, and then repeat this step.
The next step is as follows:
First and foremost, go to My Computer; right click on properties, hardware, and then Device Manager.
Right click on the CD DVD drive and uninstall it, then click OK, then close.
1) Close all open programs
2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders
4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.
5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
That's it, guys!!
Till next time, take care of your laptop.
Posted on Feb 01, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: l300 toshibi - vista i have
Hi there! Please run the following Microsoft tool in your computer.
I hope it helps.
Posted on Feb 28, 2011
Testimonial: "hi - seems to have worked - tks much - "
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 28, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 Notebook
Sep 25, 2010 | HP Smart Buy- HP Compaq 6515b Notebook PC...
Jun 05, 2010 | HP Computers & Internet
Mar 15, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 24, 2010 | Acer Computers & Internet
Oct 31, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5735 Notebook
Oct 10, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
Sep 24, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5735 Notebook
Sep 13, 2009 | Computers & Internet
8,071 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: