Question about Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The problem is that the laser is either dying out, is dirty, or is not getting enough power.
so try to fix it using these steps...
- first open the 360 and pull out the dvd drive and open it up too.
- clean everything out good with compressed air, and q-tips dipped in alcohol.
- now you need to adjust the power going to the laser.Sometimes you may have to try multiple settings before getting it justright. Just keep adjusting the resistance lower and lower until itworks.
- if you tried multiple settings and still get the errors, then either get a replacement drive, or a new laser for it. Click Here for how to properly install the new laser.
- if you get a replacement drive, please not that there is a key in the pcb of the drive that must match the key from the motherboard, so you must either spoof firmware with the key, or swap out the old pcb board and put it in to the new drive.
If you need more dvd drive repair help click here
Posted on Mar 06, 2009
SOURCE: Xbox 360-Unreadable Disc
Microsoft Xbox have some common problem like red lights, E74 and Unreadable disc. Microsoft is providing extended warranty for red lights
problem, Means you will have to spend some money in order to get this
problem repaired from Microsoft also you will have to wait for 3-4
weeks to get your Xbox back. There are many reasons disc read error can
occur in your Xbox like your disc might not be clean, laser might also
be dirty and many more common problem. I would suggest you to first
clean out the disc, you are using. If that don't solve the problem you
can also take the help of DIY guide available at Internet. I think you have got good no. of options to get your Xbox repaired, Choice is yours.
Posted on Mar 07, 2009
SOURCE: Xbox 360 wont read disc
Though i fixed the Disc Read Error myself within
an hour but please test the below method at your OWN Risk. Please
also note that microsoft is no longer providing Extended warranty for
Check out this DIY Video Guide,that explains step by step instructions to fix Disc Read Error yourself within an hour. It also provides the money back guarantee in case you are not satisfied. As i fixed my Xbox myself so i thought to share it with you guys.
Posted on Mar 07, 2009
this could mean your laser is on its way out, but it could also mean it needs cleaning. the best way to
clean is to strip the machine down. strip the dvd drive down and get a cotton earbud.
spit on the earbud and very gently wipe the laser eye clockwise but dont press on too hard, very gently.
also get a clean paintbrush and give the drive casings a good clean.
this might help. there is also something else you can try and thats something called asjusting the 'pots',
this is a bit complicated for anyone not used to the process but i do have a guide if you want to have a
go yourself. what this does is adjust the laser power so its a full again just like it was when you first
bought it. (thats the easy explanation).
Posted on Nov 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 30, 2012 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite Console
May 24, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Jan 13, 2018 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Sep 13, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Dec 29, 2007 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Oct 26, 2007 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Apr 21, 2015 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
71 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!