Question about Epson LX-300 Matrix Printer
Here are the complete steps to change your LX-300 bit rate to 9600.
1) Load a paper with the friction lever up.
2) Hold the FONT button and switch on the printer. The printer must sense the loaded paper and must start printing some stuff. If not it rolls and tries to load the paper. In such case insert the paper again and press PAUSE button. Now the printer will print the stuff i.e) the current printer settings.
3) After the printing finishes (the print matter will be around 25% of a 11inch page length), press LF/FF. You will find the current settings. Check the current bit rate which is indicated in the 10th line of the current settings table.
4) Now press LF/FF which takes you to the Table B.
5) Now you are in table B and the lights 1, 2 and pause must be Blinking, Off, Off conditions respectively.
6) Now press the FONT button 9 times. After pressing FONT nine times, Light 1 = Blinking : Light 2 : Blinking : Pause light : ON.
This means that you are in Bit rate menu now.
7) Press PAUSE button.
8) Note down this order of bit rate and the status of 1, 2 and Pause lights.
--300 = ON-OFF-OFF
--600 = OFF-ON-OFF
--1200 = ON-ON-OFF
--2400 = OFF-OFF-ON
--4800 = ON-OFF-ON
--9600 = OFF-ON-ON
--19200 = ON-ON-ON
From the current bit rate you are in now, press the FONT button a particular number of times accordingly.
Suppose you are in 1200 bit rate currently, the lights status will be ON-ON-OFF. If you want to set to 9600 you have to press FONT button 3 times and the lights status change to OFF-ON-ON , which indicates 9600 bit rate.
9) Now, press PAUSE button so that the settings get saved.
10) Switch off the printer and turn it back on after 20 seconds.
11) Switch it off again, Hold the FONT button and switch it in again.
12) After printing finishes, press LF/FF and check the bit rate in the current settings that is printed.
You can have the user manual for your reference.
Thats' it. You're done!
Posted on Nov 02, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 04, 2011 | Isuzu Pickup Cars & Trucks
Jun 08, 2010 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Jun 03, 2010 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
Mar 04, 2010 | Lands Phones
Apr 05, 2009 | Casio FR-2650Plus Calculator
Mar 23, 2009 | Casio Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 09, 2009 | Acer Aspire 4315 Notebook
Jul 19, 2008 | NetGear DG834G Router
May 27, 2008 | Computers & Internet
568 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!