Question about NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
How do i connect to x-box through a netgear Wireless-N-ADSL2+Modem Router ( part no. DGN2000 )
I have a x-box wireless adepter pluged in to x-box
If your Xbox isn't seeing the SSID odds are your Netgear is set for Wireless N only.
Xbox is not compatible with Wireless-N only networks, so first step will be to make sure that the Wireless Mode on the wireless tab of your Netgear isn't set for 802.11n (you can pick the G/B or whatever other combination is listed there. In terms of performance you are not likely to cap even the lowest settings[wireless b] since 11Mbs is still decent speed and likely more than what you are given by your ISP).
(This is on page 21 of manual below)
The other thing you will want to check is that if you have secured your Wireless network, the Xbox adapter is compatible with WEP(which is terrible) and WPA, not WPA2.
Posted on Oct 04, 2009
Configure the Netgear first with a computer, after it has been configured then configure the wireless card in the XBox.
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL
3. Enter the router setup login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WAP2
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on each computer/s and XBox with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computer/s and XBox should be able to connect to the router.
Posted on Sep 30, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 21, 2015 | NetGear N150 Wireless-N ADSL2 Modem Router...
Jul 01, 2014 | NetGear N300 USB ADSL2 MODEM ROUTER...
Jul 09, 2012 | NETGEAR CONSUMER Netgear Dgn2200m Wireless...
May 12, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 17, 2010 | NetGear DGN2000-100NAS Router
Jan 05, 2010 | NetGear DGN2000-100NAS Router
Nov 10, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Jul 15, 2009 | Computers & Internet
139 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: