My 2nd generation ipod touch says "connect to itunes"
My computer got a couple viruses, so my itunes was deleted. Now, when I connect my Ipod to the computer, it says I need to enter a pass code on my Itouch.. but the only thing on the screen says "connect to itunes". help.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: My 2nd generation ipod touch says "connect to itunes"
Just hold down the "Sleep/Wake"(on the top) button and the "Home"(on the front) button for about 10 seconds, or until you see the apple logo in the middle of the screen. Then wait until your iPod starts up, enter your pass code and plug it into your computer. Now iTunes should sync it.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You must connect to the computer with iTunes. There you can select the music you want t delete.
For that wait till the iPod is backed up by iTunes, then on the left side click on the line with the name of your iPod. Then on top click on Music and then you see what music you can synchronise.
If you already did remove the original backups from the music on the iPad, there is a chance iTunes all remove all these numbers.
Apple has lots of info about every part you want to know about your iPod and iTunes.
You need a computer to delete songs from iPod, if you sick of iTunes, You may try this ipod transfer, it's
a nice iTunes alternative that can help you manage iPod files including delete,
upload, play, copy, etc. It's much easier to use than iTunes.
The first way is uncheck the songs you want to delete on iTunes and then sync iTunes with ipod again, then the songs you want to delete will lose from iPod.
The second way is use leawo iTransfer to delete songs from iPod, the way is connect iPod to leawo iTransfer, then right click on the music you want to delete from iPod on leawo iTransfer to choose "Delete", then the music will be deleted soon. However, this tool can only work on Windows computer.
1. Verify if your pc passes the system requirements. (a) usb 2.0 port (b) You are running the latest version of itunes
2. Recharge your iPod Touch
3. Check USB connections. Use a USB port that is built into the computer instead of using an external usb hub.
4. Restart iPod Touch. Do the following steps:
To restart iPod touch, first turn iPod touch off by
pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until a red slider appears.
Slide your finger across the slider and iPod touch will turn off after a
Next, turn iPod touch on by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears. Is iPod touch not responding? To reset iPod touch, press and hold the
Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 10
seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
5. Restart your computer then reconnect your iPod Touch
6. Try reinstalling iTunes. And if this doesn't resolve the issue, you can also try uninstalling iTunes then reinstalling the latest version.
7. Check if there are third-party software that might prevent iTunes from recognizing your iPod touch. Such software may be security software, anti-virus software and webcam drivers. What you can do is adjust the software settings or you may also temporarily disable the software.
If you find this helpful, kindly click the thumbs up button. Thanks! :)
Disconnect iPod shuffle from the computer (if connected).
Move the switch on the iPod shuffle to the OFF position. Note that when iPod shuffle is off, the green stripe by the switch is not visible.
Wait five seconds. For iPod shuffle (3rd and 4th generation), wait ten seconds.
Move the switch to the play in order or the shuffle position. The green stripe will be visible in either position. For iPod shuffle (2nd and 4th generation), slide the power switch on (and you can see the green stripe).
According to Apple, if you have forgotten the code, you can unlock the IPod by doing the following:
Connect your IPod to the primary computer you use it with (the first one IPod synced with), and open iTunes. When you disconnect iPod from the computer, it will no longer be locked. If you can't unlock IPod using either [the code or connecting it to the computer you use to manage its songs]. . . you can restore your iPod to factory settings using iPod Updater. Please note that this will erase all data on your iPod. Afterwards, you can add your music and data back to your iPod.
If you want to change the primary computer that your IPod is associated with, do this:
1. Restore your iPod. WARNING: The restore process cannot be undone. All of your songs and files will be deleted. Always make a backup of your important data.
2. Connect your iPod to the computer that you want to be the primary computer.
3. Open iTunes and synchronize. Apple also notes that company "representatives cannot unlock an iPod if you forget your combination. If you can't unlock your iPod and you don't have access to the primary computer, your only option is to restore the IPod, which will erase all music and data."
For this FREE answer, Please rate me
do you listen to ipod daily or weekly? if yes your ipod is just fine....your computer may be asking you to run virus/malware scan too....delete old files or games that you really have not use in awhile....then download the newest version of itunes....connect ipod to pc (itunes should be showing it)...now on itunes check ipod for the latest in diagnostic / and update it......