Question about Vacuums
I have a bissell healthy home vacuum cleaner which was purchased about 6 months ago. It has lost suction power signicantly. I have emptied the canister and there are no blockages I can find. Is there a filter somewhere that could be clogged?
I am having the same problem with my vacuum. i have tried everything I can think of. We just got it in December! For the price of this vacuum, if it isn't something simple, I'm going to return it.
Posted on Jul 07, 2010
The brush stopped working. We just took it apart and there are no clogs and the belts arent broken any suggestions?
Posted on Feb 22, 2010
I had the same issue after using it daily for over a year. I checked everything and found no clog. I brought it to a vacuum cleaner repair center and they found a clog in the motor. It cost me $25 and was well worth it. I love this vacuum
Posted on Mar 01, 2008
1. Make sure the hose attachment is pushed all the way down into its receptacle. It will click softly when it's all the way down.
2. Detach the hose from the machine. Do this by twisting the grey fitting on the back of the machine. (Note: leave the attachment end of the hose plugged into the machine) Turn the machine on. Hold your hand over the hose fitting. If there's strong suction then there is a blockage in the hose.
3. If not, check in the fitting to see if something is stuck in there. On the back of the machine there is a long clear tube that travels down the back of the machine. Sometimes larger peices of paper get stuck in there. If something is in this tube, take a phillips screwdrive, remove the 7 black screws off and remove the blockage. Reassemble and try the machine.
4. There are two filters on this machine. The one that may be clogged and affecting the suction is located below the canister in the front of the machine. Simply pull ouot the tray and reomve the grey foam filter to clean. Rinse it out with warm water then allow it to dry. Replace in its tray then slide the tray back into the machine. The other filter is the HEPA filter and has nothing to do with the suction of the unit. It is an exhaust filter and does need to be changed at least once a year. It filters the air coming out of the machine. The first few times we used ours the whole house smelled "clean". Whne a new filter is placed in the machine that "clean" snmell returns. The filters are $25 apiece at Amazon.com.
5. As a maintainence item, remove the canister as though you were going to empty it. Place it on the ground, locate the two buttons (one clear plastic/one blue) on the front and back of the canister and remove the clear plasctic housing. This will allow you to clean the hundreds of little holes on the grey surface of the top of this section. (This looks like a circular colender.) To clean this, use an old toothbrush and scrub the dust and stuff into your grabage can. I do this once or twice a year. (Since I have a Shop Vac in the garage, I use this instead of a toothbrush.)
Hope this helps.
Posted on Jan 02, 2008
Personally I would look at possibly getting a more solid machine, I have found alot of my customers have a similar problem that is recurring.
Posted on Jan 14, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Here's a quick link to assist you in locating one in your area:
Apr 05, 2013 | Bissell Healthy Home HEPA Bagless Upright...
May 04, 2011 | Bissell 5770 Healthy Home Bagless Upright...
Feb 16, 2011 | Bissell Upright Vacuum - The Pet Hair...
Jun 06, 2010 | Bissell Healthy Home HEPA Bagless Upright...
Jan 01, 2010 | Bissell 5770 Healthy Home Bagless Upright...
Dec 07, 2009 | Bissell 5770 Healthy Home Bagless Upright...
Mar 29, 2009 | Bissell 5770 Healthy Home Bagless Upright...
Mar 29, 2009 | Bissell Healthy Home HEPA Bagless Upright...
Jan 06, 2008 | Bissell 3594 CleanView PowerTrak Bagless...
2,129 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!