Question about Computers & Internet
To do a BIOS update, you need to look on the board for the make of the elitgroup model.
Then, you will have to look on the internet and cross check with different websites (manufacturer's website is best).
Make a DOS bootable floppy disc and put the flash program and the binary file on it.
Scan the floppy for viruses, etc. Then, boot to the floppy. Run the flash program and enter the binary file name. Don't turn off the computer. Once the flash is done, most PC's will either reboot or shutdown.
Go into the BIOS and enter the default settings. Save and exit. Then go back into the BIOS and modify it according to your likings.
Posted on Sep 30, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
ASUS Update Utility - an utility that allows you to save, manage and update the motherboard BIOS
The ASUS Update is an utility that allows you to save, manage and update the motherboard BIOS in Windows® environment.
The ASUS Update utility allows you to:
· Save the current BIOS file
· Download the latest BIOS file from the Internet
· Update the BIOS from an updated BIOS file
· Update the BIOS directly from the Internet, and
· View the BIOS version information.
You need an Asus motherboard in your system.
Rules for Safe BIOS update:
1. For safety reasons, always use the most updated BIOS utility!
2. Do not overclock the system/CPU during BIOS update!
3. Load "Setup Default" in BIOS menu before BIOS Update.
4. Make sure you have "Administator" privilege on your Windows system (WinNT4/2000/XP).
5. Close all application programs under Windows.
6. Disable any existing Anti-Virus applications in the system.
7. Reboot the PC after the BIOS update is complete.
8. Switch on the PC and load "Setup Default" in BIOS again. Hope this helps
May 23, 2011 | ASUS P5LD2-X/1333 - motherboard - ATX -...
May 25, 2010 | EliteGroup Via P4M266A (P4VMM2 V7.3)...
Mar 28, 2010 | PC Chips M871G Motherboard
Mar 10, 2010 | Abit IP-95 Motherboard
Dec 31, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jul 28, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 07, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 17, 2008 | Computers & Internet
63 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: