Question about Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One InkJet Printer
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One
One possible solution that we can advice is to do a complete trash & reinstallation of printer driver as well as the scanner driver.
For iMac with Leopard, there is a big possibility that the printer driver is not the correct epson series printer driver that's why you can't ink levels is unavailable. Just to set an expectation, printer driver for CX4800 is pre-installed as resident driver in Leopard. Please try to the following to solve that issue:
Determine Which Driver is Currently Being Used
1. Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the Finder and open System Preferences.
2. In the System Preferences window, click on Print & Fax.
3. In the list of printers on the left side of the Print & Fax window, click once on your Epson printer to select it.
4. Check the name of the driver being used; it is displayed in the center of the Print & Fax window next to “Kind”.
5. If the driver name displayed next to “Kind” is Gutenprint, the incorrect driver is being used. Follow the steps in the next section to select the correct driver.
Selecting the Correct Driver
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Delete the print queue and remove the printer from Print & Fax by clicking on the minus (-) button under the list of printers. Click OK to confirm the removal.
3. Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the Finder and open System Preferences.
4. In the System Preferences window, click on Print & Fax.
5. Turn on the printer. The system should add the printer automatically.
6. If the system does not add the printer or if it adds it using the Gutenprint driver, contact Apple for assistance. You may need to reinstall the Epson drivers provided with Leopard.
NOTE: To check ink levels, click the Utility button, then click EPSON StatusMonitor. The Supply Levels button will not show remaining ink levels for your Epson printer.
Posted on Jun 11, 2008
Yes, this printer has fixed printheads and must have ink in each color to prevent damage to the printheads. Even when printing black only each color is spit in the servicing area to keep the printhead unclogged.
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging
Posted on Jul 18, 2008
Try changing it in the properties section under device settings
or go to color management if you have it and change the setting to black only,.
Posted on Aug 07, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 25, 2012 | Lexmark 90T6005 Prospect Pro205 All-in-One...
May 06, 2010 | Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 20, 2010 | Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 03, 2010 | Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 28, 2010 | Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 11, 2010 | Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 11, 2009 | Epson Stylus 830U InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 27, 2008 | Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 23, 2008 | Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One InkJet...
May 27, 2008 | Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One InkJet...
79 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!