We are developing software but we are unable to run in others PC/Computer. As we know that QT
is Platform Independent and Open source Software, which is use Nokia to develop Mobile Application.
- Setup creator
Deploy and Packaging:
- When you start a project then automatically qt creates 2 folders within main Directory. One is "Debug" and another is "release".
- If we are want to run application in other PC then we need ".dll" files and combined them.
- Open My Computer and go to the "Installation Drive" where QT is installed.
- Find out the Main Directory of the QT. If you install in "c:" then go to the c drive and open "qt" folder and get a directory name as "2010.01"
- When you open "2010.01", then you can see another directory as "qt" open it.
- You click on Search option from the "Standard Button" bar and type the libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll file and search it. When you find it copy the file and paste into your Project Directory's "Debug" folder. Do same things for another three ".dll" files.
- After that you can run your application by the .exe file. Does not need to open Qt and open your project then run.
- Now you can simply copy the project Directory and paste into other PC and open Directory and run it.
- Or you can create a shortcut on the desktop as others software. From where you can run it by Click.
you want to create a setup file as other software, need to install it. Then -
- First download a file "icinst", it's free. After that install it.
- After that open it from start programs and windows will be come where you select your Project Directory and do "Next".
- You can create a License Agreement as others software.
- Do as per the given Instruction.
Before create a setup file you must be collect all dll
files and paste in "debug" folder