Question about Sony Ericsson K610i Cellular Phone
What will i do, my SE k610i turns white screen.
If you use this kind of programmes you will lost you phone forever because if your erom update failed once it will never be recovered by this kind of software. you must go to sony ericsson service centre and they will update your phone with minium service charges.
Posted on Jan 30, 2008
Does this work in every country, what if my K610i has the white screen consistantly and doesn't blink at all.
Posted on Jan 19, 2008
My phone just died as well about a week ago. It flashed a white screen, so I took the battery out to restart it and when I went to restart it, it just flashed a red light about 6 times. I went to a couple phone repair shops and they were quoting me anywhere from $50-$150 in repair fees. How frustrating! Well i decided i'd scour the net to see if there was viable solution that was cheaper. And I struck a goldmine! I just wanted to share my solution with you and any other people that are having this stupid problem....as it seems common with this particular model. What makes me even more frustrated is the horrendous price people wanted to fix it for. I just barely fixed my phone by myself for....get this....$11 AUD (7 Euros) How amazing is that! Now I will go through the steps you need to do to get your phone working hopefully.
1. Download Wotan Client from the following website:
2. Buy 1 Credit via paypal from their website...it's 7 Euros and they will email you your login details for the Wotan Client App. You can also download a get started guide to get you started http://www.wotanserver.com/Getting_Start...
3. Install the Wotan Client and open it up.
4. At the bottom right, put in your login details.
5. Plug into your Computer the DCU-60 Gray USB Cable that comes with your phone.
6. VERY VERY IMPORTANT, Remove your sim card and your memory card you have in your phone before you connect your phone.
With your Sony Ericsson K610i phone, press down and hold the 2 and 5 number keys simultaneously while connecting the phone to the USB Cable.
7. When you hear the standard sound of new hardware connecting to your computer, quickly click START on the Wotan Client on the top right.
8. It should say phone found, and it updated my EROM and it said done after about 10 seconds.
9. You can then disconnect your phone and take the battery out for about an hour before you try to power it back up.
This program was a lifesaver! And i'd hate for anyone to have to get gipped or ripped off by the Mobile Repair shops around, so that's why I wanted to post this, as it worked with me.
Hopefully this will work for you as well. Don't let anyone tell you it's a hardware issue! It's a firmware issue...
Alright Mate happy repairing to you!
Posted on Jan 13, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 10, 2010 | Sony Ericsson K610i Cellular Phone
Feb 24, 2010 | Sony Ericsson K610i Cellular Phone
Nov 18, 2007 | Sony Ericsson K610i Cellular Phone
Jun 18, 2014 | Sony Ericsson K610i Cellular Phone
1,141 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: