I plugged my usb into a freinds somputer to get some files off him and when i got home, i plugged it into my computer and it says usb malfunction and i really cant afford to get another 4gb one. can u help
This may be due to several reasons, some solutions are: 1.Changing the drive letter of the USB drive in Disk Manager
2.Navigate START / PROGRAMS / ACCESORIES / SYSTEM TOOLS / SYSTEM INFORMATION Check system manufacturer = motherboard manufaturer and system model is the model of your motherboard. If not correct go to the manufaturers website to look for a bios update.
3.Clean the jumper of the USB power in the motherboard. Release it and reconnect it.
Try with these solutions, i am not sure the result of these solutions.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Get on Computer 2. Plug in USB cord in the USB slot on the main computer. 3. Open My Computer and it should say on the side there is a USB device or the type of MP3 players name. 4. Open up another My Computer window. 5. Goto the location your music files are located and make sure both windows are visible on the screen. 6. Drag your music files to your MP3's music file section. Sometimes the music files wont work so first try the WMA (windows media audio) file first. If the WMA files dont work on your MP3, convert them to MP3.
Water or anything liquid is an enemy to anything electronics. The phone is water damaged. And needs thorough servicing with ultrasonic and rework station or hot air gun. Cos the water residue has caused a flux or short on the resistors on the motherboard and they need to be cleaned or replaced. So Sorry samantha there's nothing you can do here except to take the device to any repair centre near you.
ok this happened to me before. this is what you do.
1. plug ipod into another computer (possibley a freinds)
2. download the latest ipod software
3. set up as new ipod (your ipod should work like the very first time you used it)
4. plug back into your computer and sync with your itunes
5. ipod should be back to normal
good luck. leave a comment if this does not work please
have you tryed it on a freinds computer if so and its still not working it could be broken good news is all info (if its the board on the internal part of the external harddrive) you can recover all the data
When you remove the harddrive from a computer and plug it into a different machine though of the same model.It would not boot, because the operating system product key is unique to the machine. If you want to use this particular hdd in your home system, make it a secondary harddrive or reload windows on the harddrive again. But doing so , you would remove everything from the harddrive.
First u need to find if u have vista-32 or vista-64...first make sure u uninstall the previous drivers..restart your computer after that...plug in USB cable.install the driver--name of file should be cjrX1200en.exe...first the unzips to your computer..u would then see the installation screen--follow instructions until you see installation complete..
I would suggest that first you make sure that your computer is updated with Service Pack 2 or 3, DirectX9 or higher, and Windows Media Player 10 or higher. To do this, I went to Start -- Control Panel -- Windows Update. Then downloaded and installed all updates as required.
Secondly, I downloaded the codec for the portable device. To do this I pluged the MP3 Player into the USB port (still not recognised), went to Start -- Control Panel -- Printers and Other Hardware -- Add Hardware and this prompted the Hardware wizard. Clicked "Next" and selected YP-U3 from the list. Then selected "Install Automatically" and Voila! The codec was downloaded and the portable was recognised.