It reads CDs, but DVDs: "Please insert a disk in drive.."
My lite on Internal DVD Drive is brand new! But it's unable to read DVDs, while it can read Cds. What can I do?
My LITE ON DVD SOHD-16P9S drive doesn't read any kind of CD or DVD. I've tried to restore the driver, but it can't be done. Is there a wy to renew the drives? I also have a LITE ON DVDRW SHOW-1633S with the same trouble.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: It reads CDs, but DVDs: "Please insert a disk in...
DVD SOHD-16P9S drive doesn't read any kind of CD or DVD
hi,there is no problem in drivers .
check the hardware parts
there are 2 possibilities in your case
1.the laser beam which reads the dvd or cds is malfunctioning
2.ensure that the cable & buses are properly connected
in case laser beam is damaged you got to get it repaired for proper functioning
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you said you have p/n 280751-B21 , this is 16X DVDROM Read only -- this cannot do anything buit read DVDs.. it will not record anything, it is not capable.. if you give me the computer modsl and S/N , i iwll advise which CDRW/DVD youc an install in it (computer) to record and write CDs and DVDs
Please note that the formats of DVD and CD are quite different. Whereas a DVD drive can handle both DVD and CD, a CD drive can only handle cd formats. Furthermore, a drive that reads both formats does not necessarily mean it can handle the writing aspect ok. You need a drive that is capable of writing/burning DVD. Most drives that come along with pcs can only write CDs but able to read both. So check your drive to see whether or not it can write on DVDs ok. Good luck
There are two common causes for these kinds of problems: software doesn't match, or media doesn't match. also, there a lack of info in here. is drive capable of reading dvd's when it is used for other purposes?
1. are you sure you got the right firmware? check for updates on brand site or on google.
2. try using several types of media from diffrent brands. some drives cannot read specific media (for instance, sony drivers sometimes having trouble with JVC media).
3. the least common, but worst option by far is a hardware problem. if drive is bad, you should try and replace it in case your warrenty didnt expire.