Question about Epson Stylus CX3200 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Some letters are printed normal, some letters are not aligned. I tried head alignment many times per menu instructions with no improvement
It's possible that your printer has soiled alignment strips/wheels that are throwing out it's spacial awareness.
If you open the printer lid and check for a clear plastic strip (with fine black lines inked on it) at the back of the printer you may notice that one or more parts are soiled with some ink, dust or are worn away. If it's the latter you could have problems but usually something like this comes down to a bit of dust and ink smearing so a gentle (emphasis on GENTLE here!) cleaning should remove the crud and get you back up and running again.
Can't remember if there's a similar disk/wheel on the Epson models as there are in HP officejets so I'd advise looking carefully for other possible soiling, etc...
Hopefully that will help a bit though..
Best of luck
Posted on Sep 30, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 24, 2015 | Kyocera FS-1035MFP
May 26, 2015 | Canon MX340 AllInOne InkJet Printer
The instructions as copied from the Pixma 480 "onscreen manual." (Only the text -- not the images -- could be pasted into the solution. Hope you can follow the text.) Steve G.
Prepare 2 sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper
1. Make sure that the power is turned on, and load 2 sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Rear Tray.
2. Open the Paper Output Tray gently, and open the Output Tray Extension.
3. Print the print head alignment pattern.
- Press the Menu button.
- Select Maintenance, and press the OK button.
- Select Print head alignment, and press the OK button.
Note: To print the current head position adjustment values, select Head alignment print in the Maintenance menu and press the OK button. See Selecting Menus on the Top Menu Screen.)
- Select Yes, and press the OK button to print alignment sheet.
- Check the pattern is printed correctly, select Yes and press OK button.
- Confirm the displayed message and press the OK button.
The Print head alignment screen appears.
4. Adjust the print head position.
- Check the printed patterns, and use the (Left) or (Right) button to select the number of the pattern that has the least noticeable streaks for column A.
Note: If it is difficult to select the best pattern, select the pattern that has the least noticeable white streaks.
(A) Less noticeable vertical white streaks
(B) Noticeable vertical white streaks
(C) Less noticeable horizontal white streaks
(D) Noticeable horizontal white streaks
- Repeat the same procedure to input the pattern number for each column from B to L, then press the OK button.
- Select Yes to continue printing, and press the OK button.
- The second page of print head alignment sheet will be printed.
- Confirm the message for print head alignment, and press the OK button.
- Check the printed patterns and use the (Left) or (Right) button to input the number of the pattern that has the least noticeable horizontal streaks for column M.
- Repeat the same procedure to input the pattern number for each column from N to R, and press the OK button.
Jan 12, 2011 | Canon Pixma MP480 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 04, 2010 | Brother Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 28, 2010 | Canon Pixma iP3000 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 21, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 14, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 06, 2007 | HP Color LaserJet 2600n Printer
87 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: