Question about GE 24 in. Profile PDW9880JSS Built-in Dishwasher
HI. check the following areas for faults.
1. Air gap / Drain hoses If there is an air gap (located in the sink, near the faucet), check to see if it is clogged. Unscrew the top cap and see if there is anything blocking inside. Note: If there is no air gap installed, the dishwasher might not drain properly.
If the drain hose is clogged, the dishwasher would not drain. If there is an air gap installed, it is very common that a hose going from the air gap into the garbage disposer is clogged. Remove and clean the hose. Make sure to reattach the hose before starting the dishwasher.
Note: If you recently had a garbage disposer installed, it is common to overlook removing the drain plug.
2. Broken belt Some dishwasher models use a belt to drive the pump. Replace the belt if found broken.
Note: Sometimes the belt would just come off the pump. Even though it might not be broken, it is recommended that you replace the belt, because it is probably too stretched out.
3. Pump Some models have two impellers inside the pump - one, wash impeller, takes care of the wash cycles, the other, drain impeller, drains the water out. If the drain impeller is broken (broken blades, shaft), the dishwasher would not drain. Replace any broken pump components.
4. Drain solenoid Some models (for example most GE dishwashers) use a drain solenoid to drain water out. Sometimes the solenoid gets stuck, preventing the water from draining out. Try to free up the solenoid. If unsuccessful, you might have to replace the pump assembly.
5. Motor If the motor is stuck, it is sometimes possible to free it up by manually spinning the motor.
Replace the Motor If defective.
6. Timer Replace if defective (note: uncommon problem).
Posted on Sep 29, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 19, 2017 | LG Heating & Cooling
Jun 18, 2011 | LG WM2016C
Jun 09, 2011 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Oct 01, 2010 | Maytag Dishwashers
Jun 12, 2010 | Samsung WF337AA Front Load Washer
Apr 03, 2010 | Miele G892SC SS Dishwasher
Feb 04, 2010 | Hotpoint Dishwashers
Sep 18, 2009 | Dishwashers
251 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: