Question about Tomtom ONE XL GPS
One or more of the hints below will probably sort out most USB problems with most USB portable / external hard drives and OTHER devices (though not always)
A few things to check but assumes USB and Windows for other interfaces / operating systems (mac/ Linux) similar steps may be adapted to suit.
1. Ensure it is connected directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port not a USB 1.0 port as this can have effects on performance and reliability
2. Use only the cables that came with it NOT one that fits that may have been lying around or is longer. Not all USB cables are equal even though they should be)
3. Do not connect through an external USB HUB unless that hub is USB 2.0 AND has its own power supply.
4. Use ONLY the power supply that came with it if it has an external power supply Don’t use any other unless you know it has both the same voltage and current rating e.g. 12V 500mA anything rated below that would not work properly.
5. Always use the same port for connecting your devices. Some devices do not like being switched about. If switched they may want to install software / drivers again. This can be especially true if you move a HUB to another port
6. For FLASH DRIVES you should ensure that the device is set for "quick removal" using the drive control panel properties or use the USB "Safely Remove Hardware" option. If you dont do this there is a very strong chance that any files you transfer may not be there when you plug into another computer.
If you checked and fixed anything there and still have issues then check your hardware from CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / HARDWARE.
Any exclamation marks by hardware need fixing before you investigate any further
If you have an SD card in try removing that before you power up.
You may also want to try the hard reset.
Paper clip in the tiny hole by the card slot.
Push it in firmly whilst the unit is powered up (not too hard) for about 3 seconds then release
You may have to power down and then up again and even hold down the power button a little longer the first time you do this
Posted on Sep 29, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 17, 2011 | Arris SURFboard SBG900 802.11g/b...
on Jul 11, 2011 | Computers & Internet
on Jun 05, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jul 22, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Nov 05, 2008 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
on Apr 15, 2010 | Computers & Internet
on Dec 03, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Oct 20, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 05, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Sep 04, 2005 | Canon XL2 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
160 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: