Question about D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
HI! I bliv u are having some issue setting up ur router.. I will be more than glad to assist u. . here are the steps u need to do:
1. connect the ethernet cable to port1 of the router and the other end to the lan port of your computer..
2. pull up ur browser then type at the url:192.168.1.1.or 192.168.0.1 or u can check the routers default gateway by right clicking the network icon on the lower right of your task bar and click on status and it will show the ip address of the computer, subnetmask and default gateway, the default gateway is the routers ip address, once u type in to the url, it will ask u the username and password, by default the username is admin and the password is 1234 or just leave it blank
3. it will show the setup page of the router. u can set the router on the specific internet setup that u have.
u can setup the wireless settings, u need to create a ssid or wireless name and a security..on the setup page you will see there, wireless connection settings, you can set your wireless security by using the wep, wpa or wpa2 / tkip
8. once all is set. save the settings and to check if your laptop can access the wireless network that you did, turn on the wireless switch of your laptop, once its on, it will show the wireless network icon on the lower right of the taskbar, right click it and select on view available network, the network name that u did should list, just select it and connect and it will ask for the password, just type the password and connect, you should be connected to the wireless network and have internet access..
4. If you are going to hook up your desktop to the wireless connection, you need to install a wireless network adapter, install the driver and do the same thing as u did to the laptop, for the desktop no need of turning on the wireless switch, once you install the driver correctly, it will show a network icon..
if you have any query pls feel free to get in touch.. good luck
Posted on Sep 29, 2009
Enter the wireless router setting by typing 184.108.40.206 in your browser window.Enter admin as pusername and password.Now go to Wireless security under security.Enable the authentication type as open or shared.Then set encryption as any one of them as WPA2,WPA, WPA-PSKetc.now enter a password of 8 or 16 numericals depending on 64 or 128bit required.Use 128 bit for vista
Posted on Sep 29, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 09, 2011 | D-Link AirPlus G DI-524 Wireless Router -...
Oct 25, 2010 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Mar 07, 2010 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Dec 31, 2009 | Belkin (F5D7231-4) Wireless Router
Nov 13, 2009 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Sep 23, 2009 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Apr 29, 2009 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Jan 01, 2009 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Oct 17, 2008 | Belkin (F5D7231-4) Wireless Router
102 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!