Question about SpeakerCraft BB1235 12-Channel Amplifier
I can't really say what failed in your unit, but as far as electrical storms go, it could be just about anything, so i can only suggest some possibilities:
- ANY of the components sensitive to static electricity (fet transistors, cmos ICs) may have recieved a fatal voltage spike
- in general, ALL of the semiconductors are to be regarded as sensitive to static electricity even if some of them may be able to sustain quite some spiking, so bipolar transistors, diodes or diode bridges, voltage regulators, optocouplers and ICs of any kind are also on the list of possible fatalities.
- other components that may have been damaged are the low voltage capacitors, sometimes they will blow up, sometimes there will be a very tiny crack or a burn spot which is very difficult to notice, and sometimes it will be only internal damage so it is impossible to track it down without measuring or scoping the circuit
- it is ok to check for any internal fuses (standard type, auto recover type or semiconductor type) and see if they are ok
- also see if there are protection varistors near the main power input and check them out, sometimes they may fail
Hope it turns out to be some minor damage.
Posted on Sep 29, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 16, 2014 | SpeakerCraft Audio Players & Recorders
Aug 16, 2012 | OKI C9300dxn Led Printer
Mar 18, 2012 | SpeakerCraft Audio Players & Recorders
Apr 04, 2011 | SpeakerCraft MZC-66 Amplifier
Sep 22, 2010 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
May 23, 2010 | SpeakerCraft BB835 8-Channel Amplifier
Aug 16, 2009 | TriPro Power Tripro Maruson Technology UPS...
Apr 04, 2017 | SpeakerCraft 8" 150W In-Ceiling Speaker...
Jul 24, 2008 | 2001 Chevrolet Malibu
247 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 3 Expert
Level 1 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: