Question about Garden

1 Answer

Is there a specific direction for installing fuel filter AM116304 in my LX118? Which end goes 'upstream' --closest to fuel tank?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 557 Answers

YES absolutely. the large part of the filter is from the tank (supply) the end that looks like it has a cap portion glued to it goes toward the carb. Filters usually have a directional arrow on them.

Posted on Sep 29, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Digram of fuel lines for craftsman chainsaw model 358.350180

There are two lines inside the tank. The short line with no fuel filter on the end of it goes to the inlet, (suction) side of the primer bulb. The long line inside the tank, with the filter on the end goes directly to the fitting on the side of the carburetor. The line, inside the air box from the outlet side of the primer goes to the remaining fuel line fitting on the carburetor. (This is not my post)

Mar 09, 2012 | Craftsman Garden

1 Answer

I Took apart fuel system...line from gas tank , line from oil reservoir, fuel pump, fuel filter and line to carbueretor. My fuel pump has 3 nipples. two have arrows showing directional flow, the other is...

The one with the "P" should go to the crankcase "oil Reservoir".
The arrows point to fuel flow from tank to the carb. Generally, the nipple closest to the tank is the feed from the tank to the fuel pump. the other goes to the carb. The fuel filter goes in the line between the fuel pump and the carb. Also check to see if there is an arrow on the fuel filter, if so, it should also point in the direction of flow to the carb.

Sep 20, 2011 | Craftsman 42 in. Deck 19.5hp Lawn Tractor

2 Answers

My Weed Eater FL25 has rotted fuel lines. One is attached to the primer. Is the other the main? Is there a proper way to replace them? Diagram?

The brass fitting on the carb closest to the primer/purge bulb has a line on it that takes old fuel/air inside the carb and sends it TO the fuel tank. So it is routed straight to the tank. The lower brass fitting on the carb (side with vent hole in cover) has a line that goes directly to the fuel tank and has the in-tank fuel filter on it's end. To insert the main one that gets the filter on its end into the fuel tank, slice a notch out of the end of it so you can squeeze it into the hole in the tank. You can then twist and push it until enough of it goes in to grasp ahold of it with long tweezers or needle-nose pliars. Start off with about 1 foot of Tygon fuel line so you can do this. After you get ahold of it, pull it up thru the fill hole and attatch the filter. Then let it lay it the tank so it will move side to side on the bottom. With the extra line coming out of the tank (it seals the hole) see how much you need to reach the intake fitting on the carb (side with vent hole in cover). Cut it off and attatch it . The other line by the bulb only needs to enter the fuel tank about 1/2 inch or so and it also will seal the hole it goes through. You can notch it as well to help get it started into the fuel tank. This line will be short. I recommend you use NEW Tygon fuel line. I also recommend you get a new primer/purge bulb when you replace the fuel lines. It will deteriorate very soon, ask me how I know! They might have a fuel line kit with the filter, lines and bulb for your machine at Home Depot. Ebay has kits I know. Or you can go to the small engine repair shop and get exactly what you need.

Aug 07, 2011 | Garden

1 Answer

I have a Ryobi 790R "E Z" and need to know how to

It is not too hard. Just make sure to cut the new fuel filter line long enough so that you can get ahold of it inside the fuel tank to install the filter. The fuel return line only has to go into the tank 1/2" or more to do it's job, so lenth is not a problem unless you wish to install one of the little nylon connectors on it's end so it doesn't pull OUT of the tank. That is optional.

The small diameter line out of fuel tank (has filter in-tank on end) connects directly to the side of the carburetor that has the fuel pump....that is the cover without the hole in it. Other larger diameter fuel line out of tank connects to the longer nipple on the external purge/primer bulb. The bulb "pulls" fresh fuel from the fuel tank to the carb and then out of the carb to itself, where it then "pushes" any air/old fuel back into the fuel tank. The remaining larger diameter fuel line in this setup goes from the metering chamber (has cover with writing on it and a vent-hole) side of the carburetor to the smaller nipple on the purge/primer bulb. Again, on the primer bulb, the longer nipple has a line going directly from it to the tank. This is the return line. The shorter nipple on the bub has a line from it going to the metering chamber side of the carb. If the purge/primer bulb is on top of the carb...small line from carb body to small hole in tank with filter. Larger diameter line goes from the bulb on the fuel pump side of the carb to the larger hole in the fuel tank where sometimes the line is held in place with a nylon nipple connector that keeps the line from pulling out of the tank. Otherwise, the line should enter the tank for about 1/2" or so

Jul 19, 2011 | Ryobi Garden

1 Answer


If the machine has aremote primer, then assemble like so, the fuel line from the tank with the filter on the end goes to the main fuel inlet on the carb, this is the connecter closest to the alloy pump cover, the other conecter on the carb has a tube to the short conecter on the back of the primer ( suction side ) the long conecter on the back of the primer ( pressure side ) has a pipe back to the tank, just remember the primer pulls fuel from the carb, and dumps it back into the tank, not the other way round.

May 14, 2011 | Husqvarna Garden

1 Answer

Need fuel line routing diagram

There are no diagrams of this, it is fairly easy to do once you know how it works, the fuel pipe from the fuel tank, with the filter on the end, goes to the carb inlet elbow ( closest to the pump cover held with one screw ) then the other hose from the carb ( closest to the metering cover held with four screws ) goes to the short connection on the fuel primer ( suction side ) then the hose from the longer connection on the primer ( pressure side ) goes back to the tank ( usually just pushed into the tank with nothing on the end )
The thing to remember is that the primer pulls fuel from the carb, into the bulb, and pushes it back to the tank, it is not technically a primer, it is a purge.
Hope i have explained this well enough,

Mar 01, 2011 | Poulan Garden

1 Answer

Pouland 2175 36 cc gasoline tubing damage ( broken )

OK here goes. This model should be equipped with a primer. The first thing you need to do is identify which connector is suction (in) and which one is return (out). Once you have done this it's simple. The return (out) has a line that goes right back to the tank. The suction (in) line hooks to the carburetor. The main fuel line from the tank with a filter on one end has the other end that connects to the carburetor. Now, with two fittings on the carburetor, find the one closest to the fuel pump cover (usually held on by one screw). This is the inlet fitting to the carburetor. This is where the fuel line connects that goes inside the tank with the filter on it. The lower or opposite fitting is where the suction line from the primer connects. This should do it. The return (out) line is usually a larger OD line than the suction & fuel line, which are the same size OD lines. You will find that if you cut the ends of your fuel lines at an angle, you will be able to begin feeding them through the holes in the tank, then you can grab them from inside the tank with needle nose pliers. The lines should fit snug since that is what seals the hole to prevent fuel from leaking. Good luck.

Feb 13, 2011 | Poulan Garden

1 Answer

Need diagram for fuel line in tank fuel filter

The small diameter fuel line that has the fuel filter in the tank on it goes directly to the carburetor (with the built-in primer or externally mounted primer). IF the carb has the external primer, the small line goes to the nipple on the carburetor opposite the end with the hole in the cover. If it has the built-in primer on it, it goes to the carb body on the nipple furthest from the bulb. The large diameter line is the fuel return line and if the carb has the bulb on it, this line connects on the nipple closest to primer bulb.. With the externally mounted primer, this line connects on the longest nipple coming out of the primer and goes to the fuel tank (not the filter though). There is a nylon connector inside the tank that holds this larger line in place. The shorter nipple on primer bulb has a smaller diameter fuel line connected to it and connects to the nipple on the carb closest to the end with the hole in the cover. Built in primer has 2 fuel lines...externally mounted has 3.

Jul 31, 2010 | Craftsman 25cc Gas Line Trimmer

1 Answer

John deere lx118

Your fuel pump has went into retirement,but before we condem it take your fuel cap off and see if it will start,there is a small hole in the fuel cap let will let the tank breath,try that first its cheap,I hope this helps you?

Oct 03, 2009 | Garden

2 Answers

Where is the Fuel Filter located on 1988 Dodge Ram 50

Under hood, center, lower engine area, between fuel pump and carburetor, mounted in fuel line

Nov 08, 2008 | 1988 Dodge Ram 50

Not finding what you are looking for?
Garden Logo

Related Topics:

44 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Garden Experts

Dennis Key
Dennis Key

Level 3 Expert

2478 Answers


Level 3 Expert

708 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

14479 Answers

Are you a Garden Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides