Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

We might have shorted the microwave out.

None of the buttons work and the dispay dosn't light up. It is possible that I left it microwaving nothing for 30 minuets (I thought I set the timer, but I can't think of why else it would suddenly not-work).

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 534 Answers

There is a fuse located on the inside of the microwave. You will need to remove the outer casing to access this fuse. It can be purchased at a radio shack but insure thatr you are getting the right amphrege. Good Luck\

Dave

Posted on Sep 28, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Microwave shorts out when start button hit


There are a few possible causes. The high voltage trafo is defective. The voltage doubler diode or capacitor are defective. (short). BE EXTREMELY CAREFULL WHEN WORKING ON THESE PARTS, THE VOLTAGES THERE ARE LETHAL !!

Oct 12, 2014 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My sensor touch buttons don't work....any ideas why?


With Power on Microwave There is Light Blinking It Means Is Normal Power Supply Supply Problem,Not Reaching Front Panel Power Supply

Feb 07, 2014 | LG LMV2015ST Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave shut off completely


Microwaves have an inline fuse inside that fatigues over time.Take the cover off,follow the power cord after it enters the housing to locate the fuse.

Mar 14, 2012 | Amana MVH220W Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Samsung Microwave Mdl# MW6470W Just keeps flashing


Make sure that the program controller is working if not check power - step down supply, the pads are responding- if not faulty pads- or the door switches, if the switch contact are not good then it will not trigger the processor to switch on the waveguides. If the lights or fan work without any display or action of program being triggered to start then it can be a possible fault on the main board or the processor. Sometimes insect secretion can short the board and display panel and so the processor can work in such an erratic manner. If so clean, solder and reset the board. Now identify the parts by clicking this link: http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/141/identifying-microwave-parts.html

If there is no heating please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is faulty, the temperature cut off is faulty or the main capacitor is short. It is also quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron. Check this link to know how a microwave works:

http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/1443/how-a-microwave-oven-works.html

So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use an jet air to clean off. Check the wave guide covers, if food had deposited
then it must be checked or replaced. See link:
http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/1146/how-to-replace-a-microwave-guide-cover.html

Now keeping clear of the microwave, switch on; use a cup of water inside to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. replace with same type.
If there is heating without any issues, you can use the microwave safely

Dec 24, 2011 | Samsung MW6470W/MW6471G Microwave Oven

1 Answer

No power no lights no nothing


Make sure that the program controller is working if not check power - step down supply, the pads are responding- if not faulty pads- or the door switches, if the switch contact are not good then it will not trigger the processor to switch on the waveguides. If the lights or fan work without any display or action of program being triggered to start then it can be a possible fault on the main board or the processor. Sometimes insect secretion can short the board and display panel and so the processor can work in such an erratic manner. If so clean, solder and reset the board. Now identify the parts by clicking this link: http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/141/identifying-microwave-parts.html

If there is no heating please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible that the Magnetron is faulty, the temperature cut off is faulty or the main capacitor is short. It is also quite possible that insect can get into the oven and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron. Check this link to know how a microwave works:

http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/1443/how-a-microwave-oven-works.html

Nov 01, 2011 | LG LMV1925 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My NN-P295 wouldn't allow me to turn off the light about a week ago, so it remained on all the time. Then last night it was making a strange clicking noise. I got up to find the source of the noise and the...


It sounds to me you have short in the keypad controller system, from your description this is a very dangerous fire hazard situation, and the microwave in my view should replaced.

Feb 21, 2011 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Bottons on microwave do not work


HI, the touch pad board has failed. you will need to replace this damaged board asap. this will correct the issue.

Sep 27, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Exact same problem - Needlenose slipped and spark in the socket


Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} You have a short in one of the door safety switches
There function is prevent the oven to work whit the door open
some are normally close and some normally open when one of then don’t work properly causes a short and blow the main fuse check the all and replace the faulty one but be careful and don’t test the microwave
Whit the cover removed.

Note:
if you have a blown fuse buy several emplacement fuses because my take several trays to fix the problem and you will need more than one fuse.

Jun 08, 2009 | Whirlpool MH1150XMQ Microwave Oven

5 Answers

Microwave not works


WARNING: Microwave ovens are the most dangerous consumer appliance to service due to up to 5,000 V at high current inside. Even with the power off, there is a HV capacitor that can produce a lethal kick. This capacitor must be discharged before touching anything in the microwave generator circuitry. DON'T remove the cover yourself unless you fully undertand the SAFETY issues involved in working inside a microwave oven. A microwave oven is possibly THE MOST DANGEROUS common consumer product to service. About the only "easy" fix would be a blown fuse, if it keeps blowing, don't go any further unless you know what you are doing. Your likely options are a blown high voltage cap, diode, or the magnetron. Good luck(but luck has nothing to do with it ;] )

Apr 01, 2006 | Sharp R-320H Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

24 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

75797 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...